:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.:::

:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Report Website Problems Here Only! (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Searching the forum (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26019)

Lazy-Ferret 11-11-2015 14:10

Searching the forum

Would it be possible to drop the minimum number of letters you can search on down to 2...

So many things relating to the cars are 3 letters, and also so are most common TLA's

Often you want to be able to search on a specific part, but the noun that specifies it, is only 3 letters.

Oil, I want "oil filter" rather than Fuel, Pollen, Mini...
Also if you want differential, gearbox, engine, oil related things, you have to wade through every search result that mentions one of the above.

Air, I want "Air con Radiator", not cooling or heater radiator...

Fan... Heating, cooling, radiator, electric "Air con fan"!!!!

Dog... Dog guard

Fog... Fog light switch, Map Light

Fob... "key fob"

Then there are all these....

SVO, WVO, PSI, Cat, Tow, Rod, Tax, Amp, Cup, ECU, Red, Top, Reg, Box, Cob, Rev, Rim, Max, Pod, Mix, MOT, Gap, LED, Ice, Cog, DIN, DLR, DRL, FET, Mud, HID, Gun, Hub, Off, Ohm, Pin.

Please.....:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

Banshee 11-11-2015 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy-Ferret (Post 305417)
Would it be possible to drop the minimum number of letters you can search on down to 2...

So many things relating to the cars are 3 letters, and also so are most common TLA's

Often you want to be able to search on a specific part, but the noun that specifies it, is only 3 letters.

Oil, I want "oil filter" rather than Fuel, Pollen, Mini...
Also if you want differential, gearbox, engine, oil related things, you have to wade through every search result that mentions one of the above.

Air, I want "Air con Radiator", not cooling or heater radiator...

Fan... Heating, cooling, radiator, electric "Air con fan"!!!!

Dog... Dog guard

Fog... Fog light switch, Map Light

Fob... "key fob"

Then there are all these....

SVO, WVO, PSI, Cat, Tow, Rod, Tax, Amp, Cup, ECU, Red, Top, Reg, Box, Cob, Rev, Rim, Max, Pod, Mix, MOT, Gap, LED, Ice, Cog, DIN, DLR, DRL, FET, Mud, HID, Gun, Hub, Off, Ohm, Pin.

Please.....:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

We don't have much control over this sort of thing unfortunately, the search engine is only ever going to be as good as the developers that create the platform that we use (vBulletin I think).

I have to admit the search facility isn't great but there are a lot of nifty features in the advanced search section. Try and be a little more specific with your searches.

We all as forum users can make the search better ourselves by adding tags to the threads, I agree this is quite time consuming but does help when searching :thumb2

Banshee 11-11-2015 15:43

1 Attachment(s)
Do you guys get the option in the picture attached at the bottom of a thread or do I only get that because I'm admin?

perelaar 11-11-2015 15:56

No tag option visible here, in a reply...

terranosaurusdoug 11-11-2015 16:35

Yeh I have struggled a bit with searches cos' of that :thumbs