:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.:::

:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   E-Bay Items only (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Two days left....oh dear... (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22155)

kwondo 05-05-2014 18:37

Two days left....oh dear...

two days left and no bids...oh dear and I thought they were cheap
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331190645434
what do you think?

firebobby 05-05-2014 20:11

You have a few watchers, so they may shift, those tyres are nearly new aren't they.

solarman216 05-05-2014 20:22

it mostly all happens in the last 5 minutes, is what I have found, and if I was bidding my bid would not go in till the last two minutes, Rick

cncfabs 05-05-2014 20:39

Its because there is a reserve I always start the auction at the price I want.I never bid on auctions with reserve because the item is not for sale until the reserve is met. The 99p no reserve auction is sometimes best I used to use it a lot for some items depends on how sought after they are.

makeitfit 06-05-2014 08:59

Why bid at all ? Just snipe it, then your bid goes in a few seconds before the end. Reserve auction is rubbish too. Start at 99p and have a mate put on a bid to the reserve you want, then let it roll. If you do get some action you can always bid it up again . If you get it wrong and your mate wins then just cancel the deal with him and offer second chance to a real bidder.
Simples

rustic 06-05-2014 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by makeitfit (Post 252983)
Why bid at all ? Just snipe it, then your bid goes in a few seconds before the end. Reserve auction is rubbish too. Start at 99p and have a mate put on a bid to the reserve you want, then let it roll. If you do get some action you can always bid it up again . If you get it wrong and your mate wins then just cancel the deal with him and offer second chance to a real bidder.
Simples

I bet no one have ever thought of doing that before:naughty:naughty
Isn't that called shill biding...:augie

Rather than put a reserve, start at a higher starting point, I guess it's all about ebay fees.
I don't bid on anything with a reserve.

The other thing that annoys me about ebay, is that the dealers show the cheapest price of a selection of items, that when you select which option you want, works out much dearer than anyone else.

For example you want a particular switch, you do an ebay search, lowest price first, see one at 50p... go into the site and there are options, the item at 50p is for a connector that fits on the back say, or a spare backing nut... The switch is much dearer...
So this has wasted a lot of my time searching... I am no amused.:doh:doh

rustic 06-05-2014 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by firebobby (Post 252924)
You have a few watchers, so they may shift, those tyres are nearly new aren't they.

Probably some of the watchers are people from our site, flagging it to see what happens.:augie

I often "watch" items too, especially if I want to sell the same or similar item:augie

makeitfit 06-05-2014 10:00

12 watchers doesn't really count. Also the title is important to increase the chance of it being found. Wheels AND tyres are always a problem sell . I'd put the title simply as tyre size then "alloys"
So people might find it looking for either . pics of tread too. I know you've put the depths but people can be dim :o
Picture, story, etc
Shill bidding rocks :naughty

kwondo 06-05-2014 19:33

thanks for all The comments ..... but now sold yippe. cancelled auction and sold them for £200 cash. nice bloke from Swansea someone told him ....job done.

makeitfit 06-05-2014 22:03

Result :D