:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.:::

:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Clubs Virtual Pub (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Stuck in hospital for a few days! (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30136)

macabethiel 22-07-2019 20:37

Stuck in hospital for a few days!

Was admitted into Hospital late last night due to
unstable angina now waiting for another Angiogram. Might have to wait a few days though. If I discharge myself will have to wait months for an out patient appointment.They want to keep me in until there is a free slot. Not a fan of hospital food but this way I get sorted quicker. They dont seem bothered about me being a bed blocker. lol

jims-terrano 22-07-2019 21:21

Oh sorry to hear this Ted, hope they get the slot quickly for you. I don’t envy the caterers for hospitals must be difficult.

solarman216 22-07-2019 21:34

Not so long ago hospitals had their own self contained kitchens with proper chiefs and catered for all diatry needs, not now however, the whole system has gone to pot, they tell us that there is no money available for the NHS, Police, end of life care you name it, but and this is the big but, we have more employed than ever before, we pay more tax than ever before, so where is it all going? we are being scammed and about time we woke up to it, Rick

Wallace 23-07-2019 12:26

Hospital radio, they like doing requests. See if you can get Motörhead, Ace Of Spades played. :D

macabethiel 24-07-2019 09:08

They have discharged me with a cunning Plan B !!

I was very pleased to be discharged from Hospital yesterday but without having another Angiogram.

I felt like a bed blocker anyway (compared to some really ill people in the Coronary Care Ward), I was advised initially that I might have to wait for a week until they could get me into the Catheter Suite as they are so busy. Keeping me in would ensure I was seen with more urgency that having one as an outpatient.

The Cardiologist came up with a Plan B that was probably just his way of managing the demand and getting me out of hospital asap - we shall see.

I am going to have a stress test Echo Cardiogram. They inject a drug to simulate my heart under load whist doing the live scan. If required (I think) they can neutralize the drug with another one to stop the stress test if it gets hairy!

Depending how that goes will then see if I need another Angiogram! Call me cynical but that sound like a stalling process to grade queuing. That said I am okay at the moment - just glad to be back home really.

Wallace 28-07-2019 14:56

The bloody waiting without knowing causes more stress, I don't envy you that.

macabethiel 29-07-2019 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallace (Post 363774)
The bloody waiting without knowing causes more stress, I don't envy you that.

I am the unworried unwell, sadly the wife is my alter ego the very worried but well in herself.
Since my discharge I have been okay - just a waiting game!

Banshee 29-07-2019 11:53

Wishing you well Ted, glad you're back home.

It's nice to have someone fuss over you :thumb2