:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.:::

:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Club Discounts (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Insurance (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29887)

Rarche2002 04-02-2019 23:00

Insurance

Just wondering who people use for insurance any recommendations will be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Davey Boy 04-02-2019 23:43

My insurance is up for renewal and I'm jumping from my broker for the last ten years to going direct with Churchill.
They sorted my house insurance at a good price and handled my wife's recent vehicle change at a good price and without a hitch.
Ultimately it's a postcode lottery on the price you end up paying. It's where you live that makes a difference to your premiums.
My renewal quote is £226.
Davey

solarman216 05-02-2019 00:02

My ins is up soon £324 for the year, for my Patrol includes carrying work kit, The Mrs was £302 in November, Rick

macabethiel 05-02-2019 03:27

Insurance Prices

As has been said prices are all over the shop. I have our 4x4s with NFU good cover but not cheap and not online you ring local office.

Have used Direct Line & LV in the past, interestingly you can often get a better quote when you search in the last few days of the month rather than early on - something to do with screen scraping if you use the likes of GoCompare & Compare the Market.

When I had an import (r3mR) Adrian Flux Brokers were ok for a couple of years then moved to NFU as they gave the wife some extra NCB for reasons I can't remember.

Rarche2002 05-02-2019 09:53

Well I’m struggling with the fact I’ve already got a car and I want to use this just at weekend to get away in basically so all my ncb are on my daily so haven’t got any to put on and apparently not many insurance companies mirror ncb any more I may try Adrian flux I used to use them for my skyline years ago.

Banshee 05-02-2019 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rarche2002 (Post 360330)
Well I’m struggling with the fact I’ve already got a car and I want to use this just at weekend to get away in basically so all my ncb are on my daily so haven’t got any to put on and apparently not many insurance companies mirror ncb any more I may try Adrian flux I used to use them for my skyline years ago.

If you call them up and ask for Dan who is a member on this forum, I've asked for him before and they've advised that they can give a bit of forum discount as we've name dropped Dan :thumb2

macabethiel 05-02-2019 11:32

Quote:

Some companies give you a 20% NCB if you drive a Company Vehicle or for a Spouse who has been driving the other Spouses.

Davey Boy 05-02-2019 12:43

Quote:

Try asking for the option of limited mileage use.
It's saved me money in the past.:thumb2

Davey Boy 05-02-2019 12:46

Update...

Approached Churchill for my Patrol insurance....

Listed my mods with them, and they wont insure vehicles with Snorkels (Raised Air Intake).

Might try Flux now.

Rarche2002 05-02-2019 20:22

Yea I might have to go back with flux.
I’m insured with direct line with multi car for me and the wife got quoted over £1000 to insure my Nissan terrano.
Bearing in mind I have a 2008 Audi A4 that only costs £500 a year to insure [emoji848][emoji23]

don simon 05-02-2019 22:54

I was with Octagon, and while expensive seemed decent when needed, until this year's charge of nearly £900. It was going up with each year's worth of NCB, I couldn't work it out either... So now with Tesco for £350.

Davey Boy 06-02-2019 20:34

Oddly, my premiums have reduced year on year.
Beware of Direct Line!
Non performance when it comes to supporting you in a claim.
I could go into detail, but the length of this post would reach epic proportions.
D

Rarche2002 06-02-2019 23:08

Right update went with flux I used them when I had my skyline so they had all my details so that was a bonus.
Insured for £445 with the misses on too that bumped it up a little. Winner I’m happy with that [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Davey Boy 06-02-2019 23:21

:thumb2

Wheelie 07-02-2019 19:56

I'm guessing mine will be expensive this year as I've had 2 claims in the works truck, only 1 was my fault but they will hammer me I'm sure

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk