:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.:::

:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Show us yours (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Oh yes!!! (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29765)

weedave 28-11-2018 22:16

Oh yes!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi folk's,

Sold one of my T2's to fund a build I had going on - thought I would show a glimpse of it before it gets dirty!!

don simon 28-11-2018 22:50

You might have to pixelate some of that, for those of us of a weak disposition!

macabethiel 29-11-2018 03:31

Mean looking T2

That's a good looking motor - are you sure you want to get it dirty or damaged underneath?

Probably best kept in an air conditioned cocoon in your garage to keep it pristine.

Barrbeast 29-11-2018 10:26

Love it, Trolpower!:D

Is she 4.2?

weedave 29-11-2018 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by don simon (Post 358384)
You might have to pixelate some of that, for those of us of a weak disposition!

You can count me as one of those!!:thumbs I stood and starred at it for quite some time once I brought it home recently. Its Been in storage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by macabethiel (Post 358388)
That's a good looking motor - are you sure you want to get it dirty or damaged underneath?

Probably best kept in an air conditioned cocoon in your garage to keep it pristine.

100% sure - I found it a while ago, an old fella from the salvation army had it, 163,000 km on the clock, rust free. So I've decided to give it a harder life :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrbeast (Post 358392)
Love it, Trolpower!:D

Is she 4.2?

Yes mate, the N/A version derv 4.2, slow as can be but goes everywhere.
The plan is to have TD05 with a few goodies.
The other Trol threads on here have some serious work getting done to them, this wont be as adventurous:bow

As it sits: 35" Kuhmo MT, the 2" iron man lift kit, ironman bumper, simple custom rear bumper.

First trip is boxing day will be an 8hr drive in low range.

cheers fellas,
Dave

Barrbeast 29-11-2018 22:38

Nice one bud, mine is N/A as well, although I'm certain a previous owner has tweaked the pump. I've thought about turbo'ing mine but prefer to keep her simple for the time being. She's an auto and I've fitted a shift kit so she moves as well as I need her to.

Like you say they still go everywhere :thumbs

weedave 30-11-2018 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrbeast (Post 358401)
Nice one bud, mine is N/A as well, although I'm certain a previous owner has tweaked the pump. I've thought about turbo'ing mine but prefer to keep her simple for the time being. She's an auto and I've fitted a shift kit so she moves as well as I need her to.

I might have to have a go at my own pump prior to the turbo and see how it fairs.

I read your shift kit posts, certainly sounds like a nice mod for the auto's.
My T2's are auto and to be truthful about them, I prefer an auto for a number of reasons, I had a certain "oh no its and auto" stigma and I can certainly say now I've driven them hard and see the capability there was no reason to be scared of them.

Davey Boy 30-11-2018 08:51

Very, very smart Dave!:clap

macabethiel 30-11-2018 16:16

Shift Kits ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrbeast (Post 358401)

Okay I give in what is a Shift Kit never come across one.

Tried to search posts but could't find it.

Barrbeast 30-11-2018 16:48

Have to admit I was the same about auto 4x4s Dave and my previous Y61 was a manual, then when I was looking to change to a SWB 4.2 an ex forum member was selling the Safari. I hadn't been looking for an auto but it was in too good condition to pass up!

Since then I've never looked back, once you learn how to properly use an auto offroad they're great, rock crawling is especially good and l can see why they love auto 4x4s in the States.

weedave 03-12-2018 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey Boy (Post 358408)
Very, very smart Dave!:clap

Thanks Davey. sign writing is coming off soon, we had it on for demo purposes temporarily.

cheers

weedave 03-12-2018 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrbeast (Post 358412)
Have to admit I was the same about auto 4x4s Dave and my previous Y61 was a manual, then when I was looking to change to a SWB 4.2 an ex forum member was selling the Safari. I hadn't been looking for an auto but it was in too good condition to pass up!

Since then I've never looked back, once you learn how to properly use an auto offroad they're great, rock crawling is especially good and l can see why they love auto 4x4s in the States.

Totally agree there, what took me the longest was downhill left foot braking, when it locks up touch the throttle a little, that allowed me to control the decent but not slide out. It did help I had a ex serviceman who taught extreme driving to the services in the truck with me.
they make sand driving a lot easier too.

cheers

weedave 03-12-2018 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by macabethiel (Post 358411)

I thinks it was part of another thread and not specifically about the shift kit.

From what I know of them the are designed to smooth out gear changes and stop slippage as well - How that is accomplished I am not totallty sure, from the little reading I have done it seems to re-direct trans fluid, I even saw one that engages two gears as opposed to one .

don't quote me :thumbs

Barrbeast 04-12-2018 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by macabethiel (Post 358411)

Sorry missed this one! It's in my project thread. I think they can function differently depending on the kit but the one I had fitted when my autobox was reconditioned consisted of new high pressure seals, new stronger valve springs and a plate to redirect the ATF. It's mainly all fitted to the valve body although I think there are a few seals that fit into the main box.

I'm sure there is more to it but I'm general the effect is to increase line pressure and prevent the gearbox slipping, thereby reducing power loss and heat generated.

The Patrolman 13-12-2018 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrbeast (Post 358412)
once you learn how to properly use an auto offroad they're great...

But it can be an expensive lesson.....:doh