:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.:::

:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Report Website Problems Here Only! (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Can't log on with phone... (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27049)

emjaybee 13-06-2016 21:30

Can't log on with phone...

Hi, always been able to log in with my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Now won't let me.

I get the log in prompt, put in my username/e-mail address, followed by password. The screen tells me "Welcome and thanks for logging in", then promptly sends me to the log in screen again.

Repeat ad-nauseum!

I haven't changed anything on my phone.

Any ideas?

:(

Banshee 14-06-2016 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by emjaybee (Post 318696)
Hi, always been able to log in with my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Now won't let me.

I get the log in prompt, put in my username/e-mail address, followed by password. The screen tells me "Welcome and thanks for logging in", then promptly sends me to the log in screen again.

Repeat ad-nauseum!

I haven't changed anything on my phone.

Any ideas?

If it's a Samsung are you using the built in browser or chrome? I'd switch to Chrome as its a lot better using the forum through that than it is then built in browser.

Secondly, clear you web history, I've had that before with the forum and that fixed it for me.

Thirdly!! Why are you not using Tapatalk? It's a brilliant app and works great

Thomas-the-Terrano2 14-06-2016 10:23

often when i go on to site on phone, get prompt for tapatalk, think trialed it once but not for our site. might give it another go.

macabethiel 14-06-2016 20:32

Taptalk ?

Ok so I am a bit of a Luddite but what is it some sort of voice recognition software ?

If it's anything like the Mercedes Linguatronic I will give it a miss.lol

Blocky10 14-06-2016 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by macabethiel (Post 318755)
Ok so I am a bit of a Luddite but what is it some sort of voice recognition software ?

If it's anything like the Mercedes Linguatronic I will give it a miss.lol

Tapatalk is an app that you can use for many forums. It supposedly simplifies the pages to make it easier. I tried it for a while but now I just use a shortcut straight to the site. Can't remember why I stopped using it though :nenau

jims-terrano 14-06-2016 21:51

There was privacy concerns about tapatalk at one time. Hate opening a forum and that advert pops up, if I wanted it Id have it by now (its not just this forum). Im also on a another car forum and they stopped being tapatalk compatible quite some time ago.
Safari seems pretty stable when accessing the forum, far more stable than my old Samsung was using the stock browser or chrome.

emjaybee 14-06-2016 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 318716)
If it's a Samsung are you using the built in browser or chrome? I'd switch to Chrome as its a lot better using the forum through that than it is then built in browser.

Secondly, clear you web history, I've had that before with the forum and that fixed it for me.

Thirdly!! Why are you not using Tapatalk? It's a brilliant app and works great

Already using Chrome.

Cleared browsing history. No change.

Why the hell should I use Tapatalk when for the last two years my S4 has been running the site perfectly?

What has changed on the site to affect this? Anyone know?

Anyone else using a Samsung Galaxy S4 on Chrome?

:nenau

Bat21 14-06-2016 23:43

There is something on your phone that is now blocking cookies.

Blocky10 15-06-2016 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by emjaybee (Post 318782)
Already using Chrome.

Cleared browsing history. No change.

Why the hell should I use Tapatalk when for the last two years my S4 has been running the site perfectly?

What has changed on the site to affect this? Anyone know?

Anyone else using a Samsung Galaxy S4 on Chrome?

:nenau

I'm using a Samsung j5 which is a cheaper version of the s range and it copes fine with most websites.

emjaybee 15-06-2016 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat21 (Post 318787)
There is something on your phone that is now blocking cookies.

Nothing has been added or removed from my phone for months.

I have cleared all the temp files, browsing history, etc., ensured cookies are enabled for all sites.

Re-boot the phone and...

...still the same.

I log-in, it says thank you for logging in, re-directs me and I'm logged out and at the home screen.

Seriously f'ed off no.

Any other ideas?

:mad:

Monaro Pete 15-06-2016 19:24

Have you access to another phone. Worth a try just to see what happens :nenau

Thomas61 15-06-2016 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by emjaybee (Post 318833)

I log-in, it says thank you for logging in, re-directs me and I'm logged out and at the home screen.

Any other ideas?

:mad:

I have had the same thing on and off recently as well mostly however when using 4G when out and about. I then log in again on that home screen and it lets me in. So effectively logging in twice.

Also sometimes when logging on I get the re-directing message as normal. Then all looks good, user name etc top right of screen yet oddly when select "get recent posts" I get a vbulletin "your not logged in" message. Randomly though if I then select any other members only section they open up fine and then tap "get recent posts" it opens up fine.
I am using a Nokia 1020 (windows) phone using both windows and google searches but have had the same on a iphone.

Paultrol 15-06-2016 21:30

I stopped coming on the site for a couple of months because I got peed off with not being able to post pictures, but when I tried a few weeks ago I pressed my Grey icon and had the same trouble you got so I tried a few times over a couple of days. Each time I had to type the address in on chrome.
But now my gray icon works, but it used to go to recent posts, now it goes to home page. My phone is a Sony Xperia Z3 compact.
I put it down to technology it's trying to get ahead of itself. Hopefully yours will sort itself out soon.

emjaybee 15-09-2016 14:48

OK, so, couldn't log on and stay logged on with my Samsung Galaxy S4.

New plan.

Got a new phone.

Samsung Galaxy S7.

Logged on, stayed logged on.

(Note to self - step 1 to global domination complete)

Carry on, that will be all.

:augie