:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.:::

:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   I'm new here, please be gentle (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Keeping Terranos alive (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30254)

anniesbloke 08-10-2019 16:12

Keeping Terranos alive

1 Attachment(s)
Just undergoing major surgery on rusty sills, replacing inner and out skins both sides. Why did Nissan route the sunroof drain pipes inside the sills at production? :confused:

macabethiel 08-10-2019 16:34

There are worse drain routes

TBH a lot car manufacturers have sunroof drains into the sills, some drains go into the rear quarter wing / quarter panel as well.

Most sill corrosion is from condensation rather than from the sun roof drain or simple water ingress.

Banshee 08-10-2019 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesbloke (Post 365015)
Just undergoing major surgery on rusty sills, replacing inner and out skins both sides. Why did Nissan route the sunroof drain pipes inside the sills at production? :confused:

Welcome aboard and what content you have graced us with for a first post!!!!!

Good to see you straight in tackling the nasty jobs right away :naughty

Have you had your SWB for a while? or have you just purchased it recently for the winter or some off road action? :naughty

jims-terrano 08-10-2019 18:19

Welcome aboard and as said great to see someone repairing the sills rather than just bining the car. It’s a common repair but once done it’ll be fine for many years.

anniesbloke 08-10-2019 18:29

Thanks for the welcome. I have had the Terrano 2 since 2011 and had loads of work done to keep it in really good shape. Gearbox, Clutch, sunroof, glow plugs, water pump, full exhaust etc. But the SWB models are rare now and it drives so well. Just want to keep it - anyway, it looks a bit like the new Defender 90 @£45K!!

solarman216 08-10-2019 22:04

Yes mate warm welcome, and keep going with those repairs, Rick

Banshee 09-10-2019 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesbloke (Post 365022)
Thanks for the welcome. I have had the Terrano 2 since 2011 and had loads of work done to keep it in really good shape. Gearbox, Clutch, sunroof, glow plugs, water pump, full exhaust etc. But the SWB models are rare now and it drives so well. Just want to keep it - anyway, it looks a bit like the new Defender 90 @£45K!!

:lol :lol :lol

Will go way way further into the mire than one of those new fancy pants bits of rubbish!!!

I love my SWB too!! If you've had yours since 2011, why are you so late to the party :nenau It doesn't matter, you're here now :cool:

anniesbloke 09-10-2019 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 365026)
:lol :lol :lol

Will go way way further into the mire than one of those new fancy pants bits of rubbish!!!

I love my SWB too!! If you've had yours since 2011, why are you so late to the party :nenau It doesn't matter, you're here now :cool:

Yeah, my mistake I should have kept in touch! Next job is sorting out a new radio - understand this might not be straightforward as the NATS is wired through it?? Any ideas on this and how to fit a new replacement unit but still allowing the car to start?

elty001 09-10-2019 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesbloke (Post 365027)
Yeah, my mistake I should have kept in touch! Next job is sorting out a new radio - understand this might not be straightforward as the NATS is wired through it?? Any ideas on this and how to fit a new replacement unit but still allowing the car to start?

Simple straight swap to an aftermarket stereo.No issues with NATS.
Only thing you might need to do is wire in a hazzard light switch if your current head unit has it built in:nenau

jims-terrano 09-10-2019 14:07

As elty says I’ve not had a problem with NATS after fitting a normal stereo.

The hazard light switch can be a pain unless you get the radio facia with the switch fitted and hmmm I just happen to have one that I’m going to advertise on here unless you want to pm me with an offer?

anniesbloke 09-10-2019 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jims-terrano (Post 365029)

The hazard light switch can be a pain unless you get the radio facia with the switch fitted and hmmm I just happen to have one that I’m going to advertise on here unless you want to pm me with an offer?

Thanks guys. The hazard light switch is separate from the head unit, so hopefully this will not be a problem but many thanks anyway. Will concentrate on the sills over the next two weeks- all sunroof drain hoses now re-located away from sills so they don't fill up again once repaired and painted.

Banshee 09-10-2019 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jims-terrano (Post 365029)

You'll do well to sell that on here Jim, I advertised one recently and nobody batted an eyelid

Blocky10 09-10-2019 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 365031)
You'll do well to sell that on here Jim, I advertised one recently and nobody batted an eyelid

Depends on the price :lol we're surrounded by Yorkshire men
:lol:hide:

jims-terrano 09-10-2019 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 365031)

Banshee drop me a pm with what you reckon it’s worth?

terranosaurusdoug 09-10-2019 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by jims-terrano (Post 365033)
Banshee drop me a pm with what you reckon it’s worth?

I might be interested in that bud!