:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.:::

:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   I'm new here, please be gentle (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Brian Stewart (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29437)

Brian Stewart 23-06-2018 17:21

Brian Stewart

Hi, newbe, ive bought a Nissan 1998 3.2 diesel pathfinderRR50 I think QD32 where do I get parts for this vehicle, seems a problem for this car.
Want a air con., belt and engine mountings, please advise, should I get rid of it if its a hi brid maybe, the thing is mint condition though, 98,000 miles as well.
Thanks for any help guys. Brian.:confused:

Brian Stewart 23-06-2018 17:25

Brian Stewart

:confused:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Stewart (Post 354016)
Hi, newbe, ive bought a Nissan 1998 3.2 diesel pathfinderRR50 I think QD32 where do I get parts for this vehicle, seems a problem for this car.
Want a air con., belt and engine mountings, please advise, should I get rid of it if its a hi brid maybe, the thing is mint condition though, 98,000 miles as well.

jims-terrano 23-06-2018 17:37

Welcome aboard mate. Sorry I’ve not had anything to do with the imported trucks, suppose you could try Milner Off Road at Matlock in Derbyshire. Think some of the other guys have experience of the imported trucks. Try posting a photo of your truck as people may recognise what model it is.

macabethiel 23-06-2018 19:20

PR 50 Platform

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Stewart (Post 354016)

I assume it is a typo and you have a Nissan Terrano built on a PR50 platform the Chassis number should be clearly visible on the front bulkhead when you raise the bonnett.

Sold in Japan and badged as a Terrano r3mR & other variants are badged as different names depending on the County they were originally destined for.

I found my local Nissan Dealers in Derby most helpful in ordering parts that were always correct. A gear shift lever selection part & a air intake pipe between exhaust & turbo to give an example came from Japan in 3 weeks.

Brian Stewart 23-06-2018 21:57

Brian Stewart

Quote:

Originally Posted by macabethiel (Post 354023)
I assume it is a typo and you have a Nissan Terrano built on a PR50 platform the Chassis number should be clearly visible on the front bulkhead when you raise the bonnett.

Sold in Japan and badged as a Terrano r3mR & other variants are badged as different names depending on the County they were originally destined for.

I found my local Nissan Dealers in Derby most helpful in ordering parts that were always correct. A gear shift lever selection part & a air intake pipe between exhaust & turbo to give an example came from Japan in 3 weeks.

Would that be Milner off road or can I have their name please,
Brian

Brian Stewart 23-06-2018 21:58

Brian Stewart

Hi could I have their name please.

Brian.

solarman216 23-06-2018 22:15

Milner off road, type it into google, but also your local motor factors should be able supply parts, failing that your nearest Nissan main dealer, Rick

macabethiel 24-06-2018 06:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Stewart (Post 354035)
Hi could I have their name please.

Brian.

I used Bristol Street Nissan in Derby for genuine parts, the Guy I dealt with there has left but he was interested enough to spend the time getting my Chassis Details etc and as I have said they were spot on.

Milner Off Road of Darley Dale (not to be confused with Milner Off Road Racing nearby) always got the air filter wrong but were excellent for ATF & suspension bushes. I would avoid the Oil & fuel filters that Milner supply often Boschi and go for a branded product either Nissan, Mahle, Fram etc

https://www.milneroffroad.com/

Brian Stewart 24-06-2018 12:46

Brian Stewart

Very many thanks guys, not sure if I should move it on.!!

Brian.:confused:

Brian Stewart 24-06-2018 12:52

Brian Stewart

I never even thought of trying a Nissan dealer, thought they would laugh.
Chassis is RR50- 015043 with G3mR on the back with a big spoiler ,
QD32 engine.
Thanks again.

macabethiel 24-06-2018 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Stewart (Post 354044)
I never even thought of trying a Nissan dealer, thought they would laugh.
Chassis is RR50- 015043 with G3mR on the back with a big spoiler ,
QD32 engine.
Thanks again.

I am guessing the PR50 was superseded by the RR50 they do look quite similar. For me the benefit of the PR50 was it was coil spring suspension,rack & pinion steering plus the wider body I guess yours will be similar. Not to mention all the electric gadgets. Must have plenty of torque being a 3.2 engine.

Brian Stewart 25-06-2018 16:14

Brian

Also it has Old Man Emu suspension what ever that is, any body know about that as well.

Davey Boy 25-06-2018 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Stewart (Post 354073)
Also it has Old Man Emu suspension what ever that is, any body know about that as well.

You really are a Newbie Brian !!��
Congratulations, You’ve got a mutts nutts suspension setup there!
It’s cut its teeth in the Aussie Outback.

Brian Stewart 28-06-2018 17:43

Brian Nissan pathfinder

Hi guys, very many thanks to you all, Milner off road very helpful, it appears it was exported to New Zealand and they give a completely new Vin number and that's what is on V5, im using the V5 Vin so no one understood the number I was quoting , gave guy named Matthew at Milners a ring and he guessed straight away the problem and can get the parts though expensive so ill keep it, need a Hand Book in English though.
Does any one know how 4 wheel drive works ie just a switch selects 2 or 4 so is it I assume electric solenoid throws it in , just wondered.
Again thank you all for your help .
Cheers Brian.

solarman216 28-06-2018 19:43

No 2 wheel/4 wheel is mechanical via the transfer box, if it was exported to NZ can you be sure what year it is, a pic or two will help, I have handbooks for models up to 99,Rick