:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.:::

:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Clubs Virtual Pub (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Why Did You Buy Your Terrano? (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30011)

jims-terrano 21-04-2019 08:52

Why Did You Buy Your Terrano?

As it says, what made you decide to buy your Terrano?

I used to work at Nissan dealers and loved the quality, back in those days.
Drove a Terrano when they first came out, sideways around a supermarket service road and fell in love. Wanted one for years but had to wait several years and left the motor trade.
We had a clutch go whilst towing a caravan in our Primera. Saw a SWB for sale locally, unfortunately didn’t like it alarm bells ringing for some reason. Went to the local dealers and saw a nice LWB SE Touring with 55k on the clock at 5 years old. Test drove and snapped it up, picked it up Thursday evening and then following Monday wife had taken kids to do the supermarket and on way back clutch went bang:doh.
Let the dealer fix clutch and went straight off on a caravan holiday and just fell in love with towing. Kept that truck from 2002 to 2016 when some idiot ran into it and wrote it off big time.

A couple of years before first truck got wrote off we bought a 2005 with the idea of selling original truck. Sadly this truck was a pup, threw money at it but it was problem after problem and the boot floor was rotten at 9 years old. PX’d for another car.
Shortly after that got my project truck, the idea was just to put interior in my old truck but fixed her up instead and still going strong as a young 20 year old:thumbs.
2 years ago later this month bought the 3 litre as a replacement for the written off truck, looking back I do have to ask why I didn’t need it.

So currently a 2 Terrano family, love em both and can’t decide which is best as they both have great attributes. Now after years without a caravan we are now thinking about another caravan again.

elty001 21-04-2019 09:46

Wanted to get back into laning after a couple of years of non 4x4 ownership but needed a 7 seater.
Looked at troopers,shoguns and terrano's.
The terrano ticked all the boxes and I've owned four terrano's and now the swb project Mav in the last 14 years.

macabethiel 21-04-2019 22:18

Back in 2008 it was after seeing a Ford Maverick at work

When our old Merc 300TE 4-Matic was beyond economic repair I was looking for a 4x4 but only had a budget of about £2500-3000 one of the lads in the parts department was doing a few jobs on his father's Maverick.

I showed the wife some pictures and she fell in love with the Maverick / Terrano we ended up buying our r3mR from a Trader I had known for over 40 years car captured here by Google Maps!

https://live.staticflickr.com/4888/4...7ae60f43_z.jpg2008-2013 r3mR by Ted Bagshaw, on Flickr

Wanted 4 WD for when I go fishing !

Blocky10 21-04-2019 22:32

I bought mine to tow my caravan. It was either a terrano or a disco. :lol

don simon 21-04-2019 22:33

They were all over Spain and particularly in the mountain villages that were at 600m - 1200m above sea level, where I lived, and proper snowy. A mate had a swb Maverick, another had a Jeep Grand Cherokee and another a Toyota Lancruiser and me with a Lada Niva.
While the Niva was great for what I wanted, the turbo spooling up on the Maverick was epic and a selling point, I wanted one.
Unfortunately, Terranos and Mavericks go for silly money over there and I had to wait until the collapse of the Spanish economy, a huge family crisis and rebuild of life in the UK before I found an affordable one.
But then I met you lot. So not all good...
EDIT: Must add that the 2.7 runs on veg and that you're likely to find a Spar on the lanes than an Esso.

micktheshed 22-04-2019 19:05

Bought mine to replace 15 yo Frontera, because:
a, it was same width so fitted down my drive (most others are 4" to 6" wider so I can't get out!).
b, needed an auto (dodgy left knee) diesel
c, needed to tow 1.6 ton caravan without struggling, so 3L for max power.

6 years later it’s proved to have been a good decision. I have to say it's not quite as capable, or as comfortable, as the Frontera but close enough.

Dread to think what I can replace it with when the time comes.

panelbeater 23-04-2019 14:06

mainly to tow and be able to get of off wet/muddy fields as often stewards for rallys and no belt and ran on oil

johnb5177 23-04-2019 18:31

Got fed up with L/Rs, and needed a reliable tractor and mobile workshop.......it also scrubbed up nicely as a family car......and I love it....even in its retirement....:thumb2:thumb2:thumb2

Banshee 24-04-2019 08:57

It just kind of fits with my lifestyle :naughty

terranosaurusdoug 26-04-2019 23:01

I never for a second considered buying one, not any 4x4 at all, mine was given to me and it really opened my eyes!
Before I got mine I believed all the rubbish hype that folk like clarkson put out there, that land rovers and range rovers were the only real off roaders and everything else was pants, how wrong was I eh?

I found this place and you guys and its been quite a journey really, I've learned new skills, found a great hobby and made some flippin good friends!

My truck belonged to my step dad who passed away in his early forties, and writing this reply I have realised that if I had gotten a million pounds instead of my truck my life would be poorer and I would not be as happy, its given me so much, cheers Andy xxxx

I'm getting emotional writing this, thanks Jim, you got me thinking, I've seen something tonight that has been here all along :thumbs

.......now lets go laning :naughty, anyone know what the mach loop is?...:D:D:D

Banshee 26-04-2019 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by terranosaurusdoug (Post 362344)
I never for a second considered buying one, not any 4x4 at all, mine was given to me and it really opened my eyes!
Before I got mine I believed all the rubbish hype that folk like clarkson put out there, that land rovers and range rovers were the only real off roaders and everything else was pants, how wrong was I eh?

I found this place and you guys and its been quite a journey really, I've learned new skills, found a great hobby and made some flippin good friends!

My truck belonged to my step dad who passed away in his early forties, and writing this reply I have realised that if I had gotten a million pounds instead of my truck my life would be poorer and I would not be as happy, its given me so much, cheers Andy xxxx

I'm getting emotional writing this, thanks Jim, you got me thinking, I've seen something tonight that has been here all along :thumbs

.......now lets go laning :naughty, anyone know what the mach loop is?...:D:D:D

Awww :grouphug

Tell you what T Doug!!!! I drove a Ford today that was actually a few hundred yards of driving through a river :naughty :naughty

I'm on 35's now and the water was coming up to the top of the bonnet at one point!!!!

Banshee 26-04-2019 23:17

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.2325...7i13312!8i6656

jims-terrano 27-04-2019 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 362346)
Awww :grouphug

Tell you what T Doug!!!! I drove a Ford today !

Why would you want to drive a ford when you have a perfectly good nissan :lol

terranosaurusdoug 27-04-2019 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 362347)

Awesome, I would of just sucked it up the turbo and spat it out the back :augie obviously the mapping guy didn't fancy it though :lol

FerdiNL 30-04-2019 13:09

1 Attachment(s)
Why I got my Terrano?

Was choosing between a Discovery or Terrano and without a proper Disco in budget and used to maintain a Terrano for a friend the search went on.
Tried a 2.7 first, but it wasn't the right car so I found my 3 litre.

Using it for towing trailers or getting the horse arena tidy again al needed 4x4 with low range.
Picture down below is an example were I use it for :)