:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.:::

:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   I'm new here, please be gentle (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Hi, IÂ’m back again, again. (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30078)

chip 07-06-2019 12:59

Hi, IÂ’m back again, again.

Hi folks, IÂ’m back again.
Having a real problem insuring my old terrano due to me not knowing which model it is, SE tdi, S tdi or sports tdi

When I enter the reg on any insurance websites it draws a blank and I have to input make and model and and which variant.
There is nothing on the log book to say which nor are there any badges on the car.
I rang the insurers and explained my predicament and they said I must find out before they will insure it.

I had a little look on the for sale websites and all the SE and sports models had colour coded body kits along the doors which mine does not have and I saw A for sale ad for a car that looked identical to mine (no body kit)which was being sold as an S so I told the insurers that I believed it was an S but according to the insurers it canÂ’t be an S as there computer says the S variant was only available between 00-02 and my vehicle is a 53 plate.

ItÂ’s a nightmare,

Any help in how I can tell for sure what model mine is as they say if I get it wrong they would void the insurance in the case of an accident would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

macabethiel 07-06-2019 14:00

Is it an Import ?

Look on the V5 if you are not sure, if it is an import then the details will not have been entered in full so..... there should be a plate on the bodywork indicating the size of the engine in c.c. on mine it was on the inner wing panel to the left when you look under the bonnet.

If you get the chassis number with all the letters etc you should be able to google it and find the model variant. The below websites should help. you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Pathfinder

https://www.vinnumberlocation.com/nissan-terrano.html

The VIN decoder on the second site shoud help.

elty001 07-06-2019 17:44

Post a pic of it on here.
We might be able to tell you what it is.

chip 07-06-2019 18:01

1 Attachment(s)
Has this worked

chip 07-06-2019 18:05

I tried the decoder and no joy.
I have been on the phone to Nissan HQ and they could not tell me but have taken my details and said they will look into it.

It was built in sept 03 and first registered in Feb 04. If that’s any help.

chip 07-06-2019 18:12

1 Attachment(s)
Also had this printed out from the parts department at a Nissan dealers along time ago.

Banshee 07-06-2019 22:30

Interior pic will settle this :thumb2

chip 08-06-2019 13:16

1 Attachment(s)
I hope this helps

chip 08-06-2019 13:21

1 Attachment(s)
You have to forgive the mess as it often houses a very muddy dog and a very muddy me.

chip 08-06-2019 13:22

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks

Banshee 08-06-2019 14:10

That certainly looks like an SE to me :thumb2

I'm sure others will confirm too based on their trim spec.

I can't remember what my VIN plate looks like that's pinned to the bulkhead in the engine bay, passengers side at the rear. It may give you an indication on there too, but based on the bumpers, and interior trim, I'm going to go for SE.

In the grand scheme of things, I can't see the level of trim being of massive importance as across the Terrano spec's there weren't any engine mods that made them any quicker the higher up the spec you get. Only if you went for a 3.0 :thumbs

It may be of a little more importance if the truck was of an SVE spec as this was the fully loaded version with heated leather seats, rear tints, 6 CD Changer under drivers seat, full black plastic interior etc etc, these models are harder to come by so would have been worth getting right as if your vehicle was scrapped, it would have got you a bit of a better pay out.

chip 08-06-2019 14:51

Hi, thanks for your assistance. The insurance agent I spoke to over the phone I don’t think was allowed to show common sense or to deviate at all from the series of questions her computer was asking her to input the answers to.
And it was very much a case of “computer says no”.

I had a friend who bought a second Hand primera that had a very discreet rear spoiler and thought nothing of it. Then when he wrote it off his insurance company refused to pay out as when he first took out his insurance he answered no when asked had the car been modified. And they stated that the spoiler was not original to the car when new so he had lied when taking out his insurance and that was reason enough not to pay out. He had to take them to whoever regulated insurance companies before the eventually paid out.

Thanks again:thumb2

chip 13-06-2019 21:06

Terence is now insured as an SE thanks. Had been insuring it as a sports for the last nine years apart from the two years it was mothballed.

Thank you again.

Banshee 14-06-2019 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by chip (Post 363188)
Terence is now insured as an SE thanks. Had been insuring it as a sports for the last nine years apart from the two years it was mothballed.

Thank you again.

Hey!!!! That's what my truck is called!!!!! :lol :lol

chip 25-06-2019 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 363196)
Hey!!!! That's what my truck is called!!!!! :lol :lol

Aren’t they all:lol
I also have a vivaro called Vivian, as in Julia Roberts In pretty woman not ade edmondson in the young ones.

I have just opened my paper copy of my insurance policy and they have listed the car as having an immobiliser. I know it has a factory fitted alarm as my dog sometimes sets it off when I lock him in the car. But does it also have some sort of factory fitted immobiliser however rudimentary? If not I will have to give them a call to put them straight that it has no immobiliser as it says to read policy to make sure all details are correct.

Thanks for all your help