:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.:::

:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Clubs Virtual Pub (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New Highway Code Effective Saturday (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31000)

solarman216 25-01-2022 19:15

New Highway Code Effective Saturday

So it seems the new code gives cyclists and pedestrians absolute priority, what twat thought that up, looks like I will be killing some prat soon then, as they jump out in front of me and expect me to stop, bloody country has gone stark raving, Rick

jims-terrano 25-01-2022 21:24

Should say “all road users should use a modicum of common sense and each road user is responsible for their own road safety”.
Unfortunately the snowflakes are in charge.

One Foot in the Gravy 26-01-2022 12:03

Welcome to Clown World!

The one that gets me in the 1.5m/2m rule for passing cyclists. So if there is a group of them (because they love to travel in packs) where they are riding 2 or 3 abreast, effectively filling the lane, does that make it illegal to pass them now? Because if they are up to the white line then it is impossible to give them the required space.

solarman216 27-01-2022 00:46

I think it tells you something about the mentality of people in general when we have a death of a popular character in a TV soap after exercising on a particular indoor machine, and lo and behold this company is now halting production for a while because sales have slumped badly, I say no more, Rick

lo_zarro 27-01-2022 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Foot in the Gravy (Post 374623)
Welcome to Clown World!

The one that gets me in the 1.5m/2m rule for passing cyclists. So if there is a group of them (because they love to travel in packs) where they are riding 2 or 3 abreast, effectively filling the lane, does that make it illegal to pass them now? Because if they are up to the white line then it is impossible to give them the required space.

different country, same problems, as i can see!

i guess cyclists share the same mentality everywhere, riding abreast instead of inline..

lo_zarro 27-01-2022 12:34

i'm glad to give 2m of free space passing the cyclists. 2m from the FIRST on the right (driving on the right side, in italy)!
anyone in that 2 meters shouldn't be there, so.. :nenau:sly

terranosaurusdoug 27-01-2022 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarman216 (Post 374616)
So it seems the new code gives cyclists and pedestrians absolute priority, what twat thought that up, looks like I will be killing some prat soon then, as they jump out in front of me and expect me to stop, bloody country has gone stark raving, Rick

I don't get it, if pedestrians have absolute priority are they going to remove pedestrian crossings?, they seem redundant. Or is it just when turning into a junction?