:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.:::

:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Clubs Virtual Pub (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Weekend Plans (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30682)

Banshee 20-11-2020 19:39

Weekend Plans

What you all getting up to?

Hope everyone is well :cool: :thumbs

Wallace 20-11-2020 20:42

Squeaky wipers on the Terrano and find out what speakers are in there so I can order some replacements. Might add some duct tape around the smashed up rear light to reduce the road noise and refit the smashed up inner panels.

Speakers to fit in the Interceptor replacing the 50yr old ones. Continue tidying the workshop and add a few more tools to the toolboards I started in lockdown 1.0.

All depends on how drunk I end up tonight! At least I don't have to go shopping this weekend as HID has finished her two week isolation.

macabethiel 20-11-2020 21:34

High security lock down for me but the Honda will get some attention!

I'm due a pre-surgery Covid 19 test on Sunday at Derby Royal if all goes well I hope to have my right kidney removed on Wednesday 25th November 2020 - I've been waiting for just over two months for a date primarily delayed due to pressure on ICU beds from new Covid 19 cases plus a back log caused by first lock down.

At one of the two doctors surgeries where my wife works part time they have had 6 positive staff test out of 8 staff members in the last week. Luckily my wife was switched to the second surgery in the group a fortnight ago - she had a negative test last Monday but went for a second test yesterday at works request.

I'm keeping sane by doing small jobs on my Honda-four restoration project. If all goes well next week with my operation it will be the new year before I will be fit enough to remove the engine ready for the frame to be powder coated.

elty001 20-11-2020 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by macabethiel (Post 371215)
I'm due a pre-surgery Covid 19 test on Sunday at Derby Royal if all goes well I hope to have my right kidney removed on Wednesday 25th November 2020 - I've been waiting for just over two months for a date primarily delayed due to pressure on ICU beds from new Covid 19 cases plus a back log caused by first lock down.

At one of the two doctors surgeries where my wife works part time they have had 6 positive staff test out of 8 staff members in the last week. Luckily my wife was switched to the second surgery in the group a fortnight ago - she had a negative test last Monday but went for a second test yesterday at works request.

I'm keeping sane by doing small jobs on my Honda-four restoration project. If all goes well next week with my operation it will be the new year before I will be fit enough to remove the engine ready for the frame to be powder coated.

Fingers crossed for you Ted:thumb2
Hope everything goes to plan.

elty001 20-11-2020 22:49

Hoping to get a few jobs done on the terrano weather permitting.
Upper ball joints to change,new CV boot on drivers side shaft,tiger seal around rear boot windows and have a look at repairing the inner wing under the abs pump.

macabethiel 21-11-2020 07:29

Testing your Pee regularly!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by elty001 (Post 371218)
Fingers crossed for you Ted:thumb2
Hope everything goes to plan.

Thanks Elty, it has brought home to me the importance when you are older of testing your urine regularly as advised by the late and great Uncle Rustic and others here to detect Prostate problems.

I used to test mine every month or so over the last 4/5 years but fell out of the regular habit with continual negatives for blood plus various life events such as our fire in November 2017.

After a brief show of visible blood one day the test showed Non Hemolysis at the top end of the scale - A yellow background with green bits. My GP urine test result came back marked as no further action required.

I had an overnight stay in hospital on the 1 st September 2020 after a bout of acute pain that turned out to be me passing a kidney stone. A later hospital ultra sound scan of my kidneys revealed a good sized tumour in my right one.

The tub of 100 medical grade "One Step 10" test strips are well worth the cost for peace of mind.

Wallace 21-11-2020 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by macabethiel (Post 371215)

Good luck with the operation, worrying times to be in hospital.

Taking some of the old Honda four engines out can be a pain. If the frame is to be painted, I usually strip the bike down to a bare frame and engine then take the frame off the engine laid on its side. Assrmbly the same wrapping newspaper and cardboard around the fresh paint for protection.

macabethiel 21-11-2020 12:20

Bike on it's side to remove the engine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallace (Post 371221)
Good luck with the operation, worrying times to be in hospital.

Taking some of the old Honda four engines out can be a pain. If the frame is to be painted, I usually strip the bike down to a bare frame and engine then take the frame off the engine laid on its side. Assrmbly the same wrapping newspaper and cardboard around the fresh paint for protection.

I've read that elsewhere I have to remove the sump and camshaft cover then it will only come out from the right hand side - it's my plan to do it as you have suggested. I might take the cylinder block off to make it lighter.

elty001 21-11-2020 18:42

1 Attachment(s)
Well my weekend plans didn't go to plan:(
Today's job was to clean up and paint the drivers side chassis so i could re fit my rock slider.
Got the flap disc on the angle grinder and started the dirty job.
Wasn't long before i had got the welder out putting yet another patch on the chassis :eek:
Looks like I've took a good knock as the bottom of the chassis was badly dinted and had split on one of the drain holes.
A bit of cutting and plating later it looked like this.
Attachment 11497

elty001 21-11-2020 18:45

1 Attachment(s)
Good for another 20 years now:lol
Attachment 11498

macabethiel 21-11-2020 21:17

Great welding there Elty!

I have to say I have always enjoyed looking at other people welding jobs - it must be very satisfying to be able to weld.

Back in the late 1970's I did a spot (no pun intended) of electric welding mainly on new Mini subframes to make them stronger for rallying etc. My welding was not pretty - I blamed the cheap gear I used at the time. lol

elty001 22-11-2020 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by macabethiel (Post 371225)
I have to say I have always enjoyed looking at other people welding jobs - it must be very satisfying to be able to weld.

Back in the late 1970's I did a spot (no pun intended) of electric welding mainly on new Mini subframes to make them stronger for rallying etc. My welding was not pretty - I blamed the cheap gear I used at the time. lol

Thanks Ted:thumb2
Definitely has it's advantages when you own an old motor.
I have days when i just can't get into it and it looks like the pigeons have been roosting :lol
This was quite a simple and easy access repair:thumb2

Jay666d 22-11-2020 11:33

I guess the weekend is nearly done, but we had a good long walk witht the dog yesterday,blew away some cobwebs.

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net...81&oe=5FE00B2E

And today I'm doing two jobs. The first is boring work related and the seconed is organising the loft in preperation for my server cabinet build. :naughty

I think, if I remember correctly, Banshee has one up in his loft too?

FerdiNL 22-11-2020 13:14

Wow, you are making me jealous with that view!

In here it is bussy as always and the wife is having some troubles with an old neck injury so taking care of here as well. (and the dog does that when I'm outside)