:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.:::

:::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/index.php)
-   Testimonials (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Sorry!! (http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25520)

glanrichbex 16-08-2015 23:00

Sorry!!

Hi all,
I disappeared from here for a while because my beloved Terrano which I loved dearly for 5 long years was retired to a life in the woodlands of Pembrokeshire due to an incurable tin worm problem - where she rusts in peace pulling trailers of logs down dirt tracks.
In my fragile delicate state of mind, I was tempted to the dark side where an enthusiast work colleague biased to the world of land rover lured me into buying a Land rover Discovery TD5.
Well, all I can say it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life :doh
It has been one expensive issue after another and it is just one big money pit. It's gutless, clumsy and just does not have the nippy easy to drive appeal of the terrano. I have never managed to get on with but tried in the hope that after all the expense - I would get used to it.
I have so far been unsuccessful in selling the Discovery but I have rejoined this group with my £10 and bought a 05 plate 2.7TDI SE Terrano :)

I am now happy again and hope that you people here can forgive me for my grave error of judgement and that I can be accepted by you good people back into this forum.

Sorry once again

Rich

P.S - I have a flashing airbag symbol on the dashboard - where is the first place to look?.

Cheers

Rich

emjaybee 16-08-2015 23:30

Ah, all is forgiven!

I have a similar flashing air-bag symbol. First time it happened I tried all the fixes suggested here, unfortunately they didn't work and I got my mechanic to turn it off. It recently happened again.

I am thinking of investing in some black insulation tape to cover the light.

:nenau

jims-terrano 17-08-2015 08:07

Welcome back and sorry to hear of the disco being such a lemon. Can't understand why people like them if they are so bad, disappointing really as I do like the looks of them. Hope you've managed to off load it by now.

You'll have to post a photo or two of your new Terrano.

Check out the downloads section for a fix to reset the air bag light, worked on my 05 plate just before I px'd it.

Banshee 17-08-2015 08:33

Welcome back mate, I've often thought I'd like a Disco Td5 :doh

The air bag fix in the downloads section worked temporarily for me but it appeared that one of the harnesses was damaged under the seat, in the end I swapped the seats anyway as I had a set of better ones that I had out of my Maverick but these didn't have side air bags in the bolsters so I had to solder a resistor in line which sorted my issue out and hasn't come back since

micktheshed 17-08-2015 18:48

Lucky escape LOL.
You know what they say; 50% of LR's are still on the road (what they don't say is that most of the 50% are still waiting for a tow home).
After 6 years of costly (more in repairs than purchase costs) & bitter experience with 3 disco's (all 2001-2003) my daughter has FINALY seen sense & will be getting rid of her latest (if it can be got into a saleable condition that is!).

My favourite saying regarding LR products is that people buy the badge & the (50 Year past it's best) fairytale that's attached to it. If it was re-badged something else it wouldn't sell even at a lot less price but the car would be just the same. Badge snobbery or what?

Bigbunny2007 17-08-2015 21:42

All cars brake down it depends how good you are at fixing them!!! My terrano is my modified off roader but my discovery 3 is my daily drive and would not swap it for any other 4x4, nothing comes close to its capability and comfort :thumb2

solarman216 17-08-2015 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by emjaybee (Post 299216)
Ah, all is forgiven!

I have a similar flashing air-bag symbol. First time it happened I tried all the fixes suggested here, unfortunately they didn't work and I got my mechanic to turn it off. It recently happened again.

I am thinking of investing in some black insulation tape to cover the light.

:nenau

wont help you mot time but you have the later diagnostic socket so hook it up and it will tell you where the problem is, probably cost £30 for a mobile guy with the gear, Rick

Daemo 18-08-2015 19:48

I've recently sold my td5 disco, had it for 5 months, it was typical lr d2, leaking sunroof, lights on the dash, wheel bearings, oil leaks on my new block pave, oil in ecu, window regulator breaking, abs sensors, condensation in light units, sold it to a guy I work with reluctantly and he has also had issues ongoing.. I liked driving it but just a pain, every time I took it out something broke..

Bigbunny2007 18-08-2015 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemo (Post 299318)
I've recently sold my td5 disco, had it for 5 months, it was typical lr d2, leaking sunroof, lights on the dash, wheel bearings, oil leaks on my new block pave, oil in ecu, window regulator breaking, abs sensors, condensation in light units, sold it to a guy I work with reluctantly and he has also had issues ongoing.. I liked driving it but just a pain, every time I took it out something broke..

Sounds like you bought a lemon! We have all done it! Bought my first terrano before signing up on here and spent weeks welding it!! But I still liked it :thumb2 Landover's get used as serious workhorses and do the job they were built for :thumbs
You need to know what your looking at when you buy it, many people end up on this forum because their terrano is in need of some TLC :rolleyes:

glanrichbex 19-08-2015 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemo (Post 299318)

LOL - the issues you have quoted here is exactly what I've been having - mine is up for sale now and it will only be driven round the block every few days as I'm scared that something else will go wrong with it and cost me even more money.

makeitfit 04-09-2015 11:40

My son works in a local garage over by there see. Local as in , we live in the sticks and farmers use it a lot. All sorts of 4x4 trucks are in often for sure BUT the LR brigade get frequent flyer discounts :lol There off the ground (on lifts) more than the road.
I'm told from a frequency point of view the LR are in more often and cost more.
Rear cross members are my son's fav at the mo and his PB is under 3 hours :clap
Disco rear ends too. Disco brakes . TD5 electrics cause much chin rubbing and breathing in through gritted teeth :o
Personally I don't know why more Patrols aren't chosen for contemporary 4x4 competition to the TD5 brigade ? :nenau
Hey ho, each to their own and for me that's old skool :cool:

Banshee 04-09-2015 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by makeitfit (Post 300220)
My son works in a local garage over by there see. Local as in , we live in the sticks and farmers use it a lot. All sorts of 4x4 trucks are in often for sure BUT the LR brigade get frequent flyer discounts :lol There off the ground (on lifts) more than the road.
I'm told from a frequency point of view the LR are in more often and cost more.
Rear cross members are my son's fav at the mo and his PB is under 3 hours :clap
Disco rear ends too. Disco brakes . TD5 electrics cause much chin rubbing and breathing in through gritted teeth :o
Personally I don't know why more Patrols aren't chosen for contemporary 4x4 competition to the TD5 brigade ? :nenau
Hey ho, each to their own and for me that's old skool :cool:

Sense!!!! Pete's got it :clap :thumbs

glanrichbex 04-09-2015 21:54

Hopefully mine is going on Sunday, I lost a grand on it I reckon but I will be glad to get rid before anything else goes wrong on it.

You even hear stories these days of new LR with stupid problems, and a guy I work with has had to have new rear callipers on his defender and it's only 3 years old!!! :eek:

I've been badly burnt and won't have another one :(

Wilba83 19-11-2016 13:00

Hi I'm new to the forum and have a terrano 2. Living out in the sticks I'm after so off road tyres and rims it's running 235/70/r16 can I go any bigger with out affecting the turning.

Thanks

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

zippy656 19-11-2016 13:08

Welcome back, you are forgiven...

I've always liked the Land rover, but. Never had the money to get or keep

But I have had my Terrano 11 here now, just replaced normal kind of bits

With it beeing paid for only got. Insurance £180, road tax £245 and maintenance £300 pulse fuel at 80p ltr I'm happy