View Single Post
Old 15-05-2016, 22:13   #21
Lazy-Ferret
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat21 View Post
As you haven't replied I'm guessing you realised how simple this was to do in end
I left it, as you have the wrong end of the stick, and this post is basically dead and gone now, so to me there was no point in keep resurrecting it and having to explain myself...

All I did was try to help another member who seemed to be having a problem, and I thought I could point him to the feature he was missing. Once he explained hi problem in a bit more detail, I realised that I could not help him, as I had never entered the forum the same way as he did, so did not know of the page he was referring. Apparently, in trying to explain in "simple terms" why it was no longer an easy fix to get the page he was after, I simplified my answer and probably used the wrong description, in saying it was how the forum was indexed, but for the point, it seemed adequate.

I then respectfully tried to answer your rather demeaning post, and explain that where as on the older software, where I had a book mark of the specific URL that took me to a page that listed only the currently unread posts, you can no longer do that. (if you can, then rather than continuing to try and belittle me, why not just post the URL for all of us to use)

I have always had a book mark to the forum, and from a few days after the forum was moved, and I realised my old bookmark was no longer working, I created a new one.
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote