Thread: Early MOT...
View Single Post
Old 18-05-2018, 08:06   #9
zephyr
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 2001 TerranoII SE+ 2.7Tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by terranosaurusdoug View Post
Hi mate, for any engine problems it might be worth finding a taxi cab garage!! The black cabs used the same 2.7 engine (basically) and there must still be loads about, there must be loads of garages round london that know the engine inside out
Thank you, yes, that is true. I actually didn't have a thought like this.

Universal Tyres Plaistow was ok, it just wasn't too friendly comparing to their closed Greenwich branch. I asked them to get MOT, full service done at this time as I thought it might be a good timing to change oils/filters.

Full service came out there wasn't any issue which there is not much way for me to make sure all of check points were done, at least the engine air filter was replaced with brand new one as far as I saw. However MOT came out with warnings;

(76K miles but the meter was replaced at 29K miles, so now roughly 105k miles)

A strange thing is that they said there's ENGINE MIL LIGHT ON - but I have never seen this light on before and after MOT there wasn't any light on. Thought about ABS light if it was on, but wouldn't MOT fail if you have ABS light on? So I wasn't quite sure what this warning light was. I should've asked but was a bit rushing at the time and couldn't ask.

So My T2 passed MOT anyway changing the yearly timing from December to May. Corrosion was what they said that I'd need welding in a couple of years time which I'm not sure if I will be able to keep for long as my partner start asking she'd be interested more in Mercedes, BMW.... I would easily go ahead with, for example, Elgrand or Alphard as I like a bit bigger car with good space
zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote