View Single Post
Old 29-11-2018, 12:04   #9
russell.huffer
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Patrol 3.0 SVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrbeast View Post
What worried you about the Trol in the snow bud?

Love taking mine in the snow!
We do not get much snow in Hertfordshire but last year we had two days where the roads where quite bad, first day the roads had a couple of inch of compacted snow/ice the Patrol coped really well with this although I noticed it fighting on tight corners due to no centre dif, the next day was patches on snow on the road so as no centre dif I could not use 4 wheel drive. Basically rear wheel drive with an open dif, turning out of junctions the height of the vehicle means it leans easily taking the weight off the inner wheel and the 80% of torque Availible at 2000rpm means it spins very easy and pushes the back end out, it does this to easy in the wet let alone patchy snow. Conclusion my Patrol was one of the worst cars to be in when It snowed and I decided to never buy another vehicle that does not have a centre dif. My Land Cruiser has stability control that will brake the wheels if they spin and failing all else has centre and rear dif locks so all-round a much more sensible snow vehicle in my opinion.
Loved the Patrol but Land Cruiser does out perform it.

Kind regards

Russell.
russell.huffer is offline   Reply With Quote