View Single Post
Old 25-09-2019, 22:22   #5
macabethiel
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp View Post
Hi thank you.
The ECU is electronic and the torque lock is controlled by the ECU.
On a previous one I could see the resistor burnt out. The one on it now looks more modern as it looks to have a CPU like a computer. It does have a mode switch and it makes no difference in what mode it is in.
The diagnostic mode also runs on start up and shows no fault in normal function.
Oh well the search goes on......of I could find the link led ECU it may be able to get repaired

Thanks for the response

Regards Paul
Still not sure if this is a new problem you have encountered or is it how the vehicle was when you bought it?

The Mode Switch should definitely make a difference, at least mine did- I can't remember how mine actually operated is it something you can check perhaps?

I am a little confused when you say it is not holding the Torque Lock in overdrive. Do you mean the Torque Convertor lock is not locking up solid or is it dropping a gear as it will not sustain that speed in overdrive top if my question makes sense.
On my r3mR if you switched the overdrive on that did not mean it would always be in overdrive top. The gear selection was always load dependent be it an incline, road speed (air resistance), load carried & throttle position. Could be as you suspect the gearbox ECU.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote