Thread: old van/new van
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 16:10   #11
panelbeater
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7 tdi

old post but an update on new van as nearly had it a year.
as soon as i got it i had 2 new 8ply tyres fitted,fridge does not work on mains as its been out befor for whatever reason,i think the electric element is not positioned correctly by me as when i took fridge out to clean gas side of it the element was hanging there,i put it where i thought it went but is wrong as on mains the inside of the fridge gets warm.gas and 12v both work a treat though.
i put an inboard water pump in line as my water barrels have small hole and supplied pump did not go in hole so i remembered i had a new one in back of t2 so did the mod to get water running.changed lights i use to led.put new charcoal filter in.it blew site mains even though my trip switch tripped when i switched mains hot water on but hot on gas ok. took the site a while to fix as box number 13 i and 3 others triped but no lecky getting to our box so tripped it somewhere else lol.
vans done around 5000 mls now and just got in from 3 week trip with new 3l terry auto.
lovely truck.
so all in all a everything works was not fully true but for what i paid i am happy and when i insured it ccc gave me there price of van as 2300 so good all round.
oh,remember my old faith full sprite,well the insurance paid out 500 to me for it,being as i paid 100 for it 5 years ago i guess i am well up.
happy tin tenting chap here.
panelbeater is offline   Reply With Quote