View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 09:41   #6
rustic
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Maverick Mk I 2.7 TD LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitfit View Post
Why bid at all ? Just snipe it, then your bid goes in a few seconds before the end. Reserve auction is rubbish too. Start at 99p and have a mate put on a bid to the reserve you want, then let it roll. If you do get some action you can always bid it up again . If you get it wrong and your mate wins then just cancel the deal with him and offer second chance to a real bidder.
Simples
I bet no one have ever thought of doing that before
Isn't that called shill biding...

Rather than put a reserve, start at a higher starting point, I guess it's all about ebay fees.
I don't bid on anything with a reserve.

The other thing that annoys me about ebay, is that the dealers show the cheapest price of a selection of items, that when you select which option you want, works out much dearer than anyone else.

For example you want a particular switch, you do an ebay search, lowest price first, see one at 50p... go into the site and there are options, the item at 50p is for a connector that fits on the back say, or a spare backing nut... The switch is much dearer...
So this has wasted a lot of my time searching... I am no amused.
rustic is offline   Reply With Quote