View Single Post
Old 16-05-2019, 22:12   #8
Lazy-Ferret
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

My first car was a 1968 Morris 1800 landcrab automatic. Spent 6 month getting it ready for when I passed my test, and after just 3 months on the road it had broken down so many times I scrapped it and used it to repair a 1969 Austin 1800 landcrab manual with a stage 2 tuned engine (apparently).

After a couple of years I found a Barn stored low mileage 1974 Wolseley 2200 landcrab with all the trimmings. Loved that car, but had a head on with an Allegro that failed to give way on a narrow bridge, killing both cars majorly, and doing the driver of the Allegro a powet of no- good as well.

Needed a car urgently so took my first foray into buying at auction... bad mistake... somehow came home with a 1980 florescent orange Princess automatic... nuff said.

Traded that in for a 1983 Austin Meastro 1.3. I had the only good Austin Meastro ever made and had many years and a lot of miles out of that car.

After wearing that out, traded it for a 1985 Toyota Corrola 1.3. That was another great car, but seemed unlucky, it was always being hit and repaired, but the final call came when a young girl in a Porsche 944 turned across me, at night with just 1 parking light and a low level fog light, both on the nearside. Both cars very written off, and she was uninsured.

Inherited my late dad's Volvo 245, given to me by my mum as it was too big for her.

It was so expensive to run, I traded it in for a 1989 Volvo 480. Loved that car, but it got me 9 points in 3 months... slowed down and while keeping that, got a company Suzuki Vitara 1.6 JLX LWB.

At some point traded the 480 for a SJ413 softtop. Now that was a fun toy.

Company Vitara became a 2.0 diesel.

Split with GF who kept SJ so got a Volvo 850 I could tow the caravan with.

Met new GF (Suz) who had Peugeot 306 gti? Very fast but kept goin wrong. She then had 2 480's, one of which was the 2.0 turbo Celebration.

Company car became a Subaru Impreza 2.0 sport estate. Fun but I have never had such a bag of bones and problems, luckily they were all the companies problem to pay for. That became a series of Peugeot's all of which were nasty.

Dumped company cars, traded the 850 for an 2002 Volvo V70 and used that for both personal and business mileage. That was a great car and I did nearly 300K miles in it before it was written off by insurance scammers.

Suz inherted her dads old Volvo 240. Which we both used for a while, but the fuel costs and the way it tried to kill us towing the caravan, convinced us to look for a replacement.

Got 1999 T2, and after a dodgy start, became a lover.

Suz's 240 became 1984 T1, which then became a 2001 T2.

Now we have my old T2, which I am reluctant to get rid of, Suz's T2, and my new favorite car ever, the Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0CRD Limited. Suz is already eyeing up Wranglers to replace her T2.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote