View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 22:50   #6
Lazy-Ferret
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
Not much air just enough to produce bubbles to stir the acid up, from what I have seen of fish tanks I might need a separate pump for each cell, plus it may be important to keep the gasses for each cell separate, Rick
The main problem is, I can't think of any pumps that allow you to choose where the "in" air comes from. I forgot that when I mentioned the Medcalf one, as the pistons are made from brass, and I think the acid air would attack the piston. I guess it would have to be one with the Rubber bellows, and these can be got in a multitude of sizes.

Most of the pumps I have had over the years have an opening on the side or back about 1/2" across, with a foam filter pushed it, you would be able to make a converter that pushed into there fairly easily.

Does the drawn air from a battery have to be returned to the same battery, because if it does, then as you say, you would need a pump for each cell?

If not, then I think you would be fine for a larger fish tank pump to do 2 or 3 cells, especially if you fitted an air stone to each one. The only problem with the airstones is in water, over time they block up, and again, I am not sure what the acidic air would do to them.
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote