Thread: Hi Folks.
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 09:29   #29
Dave_Askham
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 05 Terrano 2.7 LWB

Well it looks as though I put the cat amongst the pigeons with my question about the advantages of a TROL over a Terrano, I heard the collective 'sigh' from the masses as soon as I hit the enter key !!!

Thanks to all who have responded to my thread, your info, insight and advice is certainly very welcome.

Jim's comments on the VED cost of the terrano I saw on ebay are quite correct £500 per year tax - OUCH !!!! I think I'll give that one a wide berth, however it looks as though an 05 plate is £290 which is a little more acceptable. I'll have to unleash the power of the internet to see what I can find.

again, thanks to rustic for his advice on checking for iron worm, I have seen Jim's project thread and seen the fun that can be had finding and eradicating the little blighters, if I can avoid a load of grinder / welding time I'd prefer that, I don't have enough time as it is without buying ANOTHER project.

As for the veg oil debate, in all honesty it's something I had considered with my VW t4 van, but getting WVO and filtering and buggering about is just a load of hassle I can do without, I bought a little vw polo with LPG fitted for my daily commute, that was cheaper than anything I found in the end, and I didn't smell like a fish and chip shop rolling down the road !!!

again, thanks to all, and I'll keep you all informed of the progress and post some pictures of my purchase as and when it's here...
Dave_Askham is offline   Reply With Quote