View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 12:59   #1
chip
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: terrano II
Default Hi, I’m back again, again.

Hi folks, I’m back again.
Having a real problem insuring my old terrano due to me not knowing which model it is, SE tdi, S tdi or sports tdi

When I enter the reg on any insurance websites it draws a blank and I have to input make and model and and which variant.
There is nothing on the log book to say which nor are there any badges on the car.
I rang the insurers and explained my predicament and they said I must find out before they will insure it.

I had a little look on the for sale websites and all the SE and sports models had colour coded body kits along the doors which mine does not have and I saw A for sale ad for a car that looked identical to mine (no body kit)which was being sold as an S so I told the insurers that I believed it was an S but according to the insurers it can’t be an S as there computer says the S variant was only available between 00-02 and my vehicle is a 53 plate.

It’s a nightmare,

Any help in how I can tell for sure what model mine is as they say if I get it wrong they would void the insurance in the case of an accident would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
chip is offline   Reply With Quote