Thread: rustygates
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2013, 09:49   #17
(RIP) rustygates
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 1997 swb + 2003 swb tdi
Default Overwhelmed

Hi all, I am overwhelmed by your generousity at this time, this disease knows no bounds, I am able to stand with the aid of two carers and a zimmer but that to me is amazing and only made possible by the work done with physio and hydrotherapy ,stretching my now ever decreasing muscles, tne disease has started to effect shoulder muscles but my forearms are ok.My niece Lauren has organised a walk from Monmouth to Chepstow which is the last 30mls of the Offa's Dyke Path, which as yet not completed, and the is called "Never Known To Fail",which has always been my motto, mainly for family and friends, or anyone for that matter with the donations going to the MND society who are struggling tokeep up with the larger well known charities, MND is quite rare about 1 in 1000 people and no reason why but usually active people. It will be12 months on the 21st Dec ( my birthday ) that I had the flu and 10 days later, getting up in Jan with beginning of MND, My Border Collie Mac and I had walked 100's of miles but sadly he died 3 weeks ago aged 13, he seemed to know of my ailment has would liickk my legs to try and stimulate them when I fell over. As for the generous offer for the off road mobility scooter I was thinking of hiring one for the duration of the walk, anything else would be a unbeliveable.

PS Any questions you need answering please contact me

rustygates.