View Single Post
Old 21-04-2019, 08:52   #1
jims-terrano
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Default Why Did You Buy Your Terrano?

As it says, what made you decide to buy your Terrano?

I used to work at Nissan dealers and loved the quality, back in those days.
Drove a Terrano when they first came out, sideways around a supermarket service road and fell in love. Wanted one for years but had to wait several years and left the motor trade.
We had a clutch go whilst towing a caravan in our Primera. Saw a SWB for sale locally, unfortunately didn’t like it alarm bells ringing for some reason. Went to the local dealers and saw a nice LWB SE Touring with 55k on the clock at 5 years old. Test drove and snapped it up, picked it up Thursday evening and then following Monday wife had taken kids to do the supermarket and on way back clutch went bang.
Let the dealer fix clutch and went straight off on a caravan holiday and just fell in love with towing. Kept that truck from 2002 to 2016 when some idiot ran into it and wrote it off big time.

A couple of years before first truck got wrote off we bought a 2005 with the idea of selling original truck. Sadly this truck was a pup, threw money at it but it was problem after problem and the boot floor was rotten at 9 years old. PX’d for another car.
Shortly after that got my project truck, the idea was just to put interior in my old truck but fixed her up instead and still going strong as a young 20 year old.
2 years ago later this month bought the 3 litre as a replacement for the written off truck, looking back I do have to ask why I didn’t need it.

So currently a 2 Terrano family, love em both and can’t decide which is best as they both have great attributes. Now after years without a caravan we are now thinking about another caravan again.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote