View Single Post
Old 16-08-2014, 15:47   #28
Lazy-Ferret
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitfit View Post
I think some of the previous comments a little harsh but then again not to be ignored.
I'm a big fan of modding these trucks as you may know but being hands on is a benefit. That said I'm not in the Alex bumper fan club
As for mot I'm not aware yet of the mods done that would cause an MOT fail !
My own fall back has always been that the insurance company are aware of all the mods I've done. My trucks have passed their MOTs with the mods in place.
Rear arb removal will obviously extend articulation but has very little effect on road handling. The front does most of that. Front bush gone on Alex's arb is amongst the most common failure of the forum threads on std trucks , so nowt unusual there. Get it fixed obviously.
The re-sale price of the truck will undoubtedly have gone down from std ones but not the value to Alex.
This could indeed have been a nasty accident and the offending fitting luckily found before injury but as said before guys, it must have been fitted wrong before the lift.
The steering colum/shaft thing is at quite a shallow angle , probably about 25 degrees ish. The bolt slacking is mainly to allow the body to be lifted higher than needed to get the spacers in and then it settles back to a position very close to it's original. About 5mm I reckon. Without going all Pythagoras
Any road up, some valid comments and some harsh but in the end no one got a bloody nose. Once you're back from buying those lottery tickets Alex, have an hour or so checking your nuts eh
Then make sure your truck is safe
Wise words.

sent from my phone, sorry for any typo's.
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote