View Single Post
Old 16-08-2014, 18:17   #30
rustic
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Maverick Mk I 2.7 TD LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD333 View Post
...Rustic - you are a lovely dude and have your heart in the right place but please know I am aware...
Point taken Alex, apologies for the last few harsh postings on this matter, a bit OTT but this is how pasionate I am about safety.

I have seen many things in my life that I seem to know what could happen before it does. A bit of a premonition I guess, or just plain common sense really.
No I don't do the lottery, maybe I should...

One day, many years ago, I was on the M42 and on the opposite carriageway a guy had his lorry cab tipped forward, held in place with what looked like a piece of timber, I thought, that looks dangerous, he was leaning in...
When I got home I watched "Midlands Today" and they were discussing an accident on the M42 where a lorry driver was killed when his truck cab fell on him.
You can imagine how sick I felt, could I have done something...?
Not practical really, in the days before mobile phones, but still it is in my memory.

So I have said my views, so I will back off a bit.
Anyhow, you are now a proud owner of some axle stands, which was my first moan...
So we are getting there.

Hopefully when you start a job, you will have in your thoughts... Now what would Rustic say about this?
If you do... then I have made a difference.
After all, we are all placed on this earth to make a difference.

What have you done today?
rustic is offline   Reply With Quote