View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 01:02   #4
Lazy-Ferret
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

Hi and welcome....

We had a T1 but struggled to get parts for it in the UK, so it ended up being scrapped.

Shame, as it was a lovely car, and my wife loved it, but it had not received the TLC it should have had before we got it, and like all UK Nissans, was being eaten by the dreaded tin worm. It had sat in a marshy field behind a barn unused for 3 years near the Sussex coast, before we got it, so between the damp coming up from the marsh, and the sea salt in the air, the underside was particularly bad on some parts, and we just could not source some of the mechanics at a reasonable price in the UK.

Engine wise, they are pretty much exactly the same as the early Mavericks, Minstrals and the Mk1 non inter-cooled Terrano11's, and while they have a lot of bells and whistles, like electric adjustable suspension, heated seats, electric windows/mirrors, remote boot opening, and many other fun gadgets, the engine electrics are fairly simple and basic. Our one definitely did not have any form of NATS as the ignition key was just a metal key, with nowhere for any extra electronics to be hidden, but our one did have an after market immobiliser/alarm fitted in Japan, which was a royal pain in the backside.

Fortunately (for me), Unfortunately (for you), I never needed to looked at the ignition switch, so can't compare it to the Terrano11, but since most of the bits on it were a forerunner it might be worth taking some pictures of yours, and someone like Rick (Solarman) might be able to compare it to one of his scrappers to see if they look the same.
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote