Thread: A sad day
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 02:37   #3
macabethiel
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Exclamation What an ordeal!

I guess you were lucky the buyer still wanted it - you could not blame him if he said forget the deal I'll have refund.

Your story is different but it reminded me of when we sold our old Mercedes 260E (petrol) back in 2003 she looked well tidy but had about 186k mile on the clock with an immaculate pale blue cloth interior, Pimp my Ride 18" Alloy wheels, Chrome Wheel Arch trims etc.

I put it in Add Mag for £900 and the bloke that came to view it was TBH a bit of a gangster from a bad family who had just come out of prison after a two year stretch. He recognised me straight away and said he was now going straight, he was running a Landscape Business with a mate.

I took him round the block, he liked the car, paid in cash said be would pick it up the next day when he had sorted the Insurance. Next day came I put the car on the driveway ready for him, the top hose burst as he pulled up to collect the motor.

I tried to give him a refund as I did not fancy him coming back a few weeks later with any problems. He refused the refund, we agreed that I would fit a new hose and he would collect at the weekend. All sorted and off he drove.

A few days later I got a phone call from him I was ready for him changing his mind but he went on to say what a great motor it was but had no idea how to remove the wheels as he wanted to clean the inside rims!

The wheels were a Multi Spoke type held on with the usual 5 wheel bolts but instead of a centre cap it had a huge trim that was screwed into the wheel hub covering the 5 bolts. In the boot was a massive plastic spanner for undoing them! Never heard from him again though I did get reports of him cruising around Ilkeston in it many months later.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote