View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 10:22   #33
Lazy-Ferret
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Askham View Post
<<<SNIP>>>

As for the veg oil debate, in all honesty it's something I had considered with my VW t4 van, but getting WVO and filtering and buggering about is just a load of hassle I can do without, I bought a little vw polo with LPG fitted for my daily commute, that was cheaper than anything I found in the end, and I didn't smell like a fish and chip shop rolling down the road !!!

again, thanks to all, and I'll keep you all informed of the progress and post some pictures of my purchase as and when it's here...
Many of us just use brand new cooking oil straight from the can, so no need to worry about filtering, just changing the fuel filter on the car each service.

With cooking oil from Costco/Bookers etc. at £12.30 for 20l, I can put up with smelling like a fish and chip shop, especially as I only smell it when I reverse into a parking space.. Actually I say I can put up with it, the only time it is really a problem is when we are on a late night KSAR shout, and after a couple of miles crawling along on a road search, we all start to feel really hungry... I am not allowed to be the lead vehicle any more as the searchers find it hard to concentrate on looking around when their tummies are rumbling
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote