Thread: Hi Folks.
View Single Post
Old 31-12-2017, 17:04   #44
jims-terrano
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Eyup Bash and welcome aboard. If yours is a truck built after 2000 then I reckon it’s likely to be you front propshaft. I removed mine until I got it sorted, it disabled 4wd but made the truck more comfortable and a relatively easy way to eliminate a lot of things.
The pre 2000 trucks had auto locking hubs so the front transmission did not turn all the time and also the UJs had grease nipples on to so hardly ever if at all gave problems. After 2000 nissan gradually moved over to fixed hubs which by their nature turns all the front transmission from the rotation of the front wheels so therefore caused more wear and tear especially UJs that no longer came with grease nipples.
I replaced both UJs on the front propshaft which didn’t fix the problem even though the bearings in the UJs were rusted out. My issue and I’ve seen it since was a sliding joint on the propshaft. Sadly this could not be replaced so I got a shaft from an earlier truck which fixed it. With mine I could feel movement and hear a small click when I reached under the truck and grabbed the shaft and shook it.

Good luck
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote