View Single Post
Old 27-11-2016, 13:20   #30
rustic
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Maverick Mk I 2.7 TD LWB

Thanks for your support guys, some days we cope better than others, but this morning we were walking to church, to take communion, and I realised I hadn't clipped my leg bag on, luckily a friend happened to stop and ask if we wanted a lift, that I accepted gracefully. Luckily I don't suffer from incontenence, but more a matter of urgency, which my leg bag allows me to have a life outside the home.
A lift home and a comfort visit in church and I kept my dignity.
For those interested I have an external catheter, a convene, that rolls over like a condom, with a pipe that connects to the leg bag, easy to fit and use, but yet another thing to do morning and night. If I am out and about, there is a tap at shoe level, when it looks like I am tying my shoe laces on some wet grass... The grass just gets wetter lol This has really helped.
Believe it or not, this system was not even mentioned by my oncologist, but having sourced it, I do have it on free prescriptions.
So why am I telling you?
You might know someone in my position, they might not be aware that such things exist, but I can go about my daily business without anyone knowing what my problem is. I have even got smaller upper thigh bags, that I could wear shorts, or even go swimming and still have protection, very very discreet, but single use.

Well there you go, too much information for some, but I won't apologise for that lol.
Uncle Rustic.
rustic is offline   Reply With Quote