View Single Post
Old 15-01-2009, 20:55   #47
wanaron
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: terrano

Worst Van old, really old Ace ambassador, leaked n rattled, but seemed like a good idea at the time.

Worst caravanning experience,- went down to Home Farm at Edithmead Somerset, a good all round family site, not sure if its still good not been for a long while. a good time was had me the wife and at the time 2 lil uns. until the last couple of days. What seemed like a monsoon came, the rain was lying on the field and came over the top of your shoes. Stuck it out for as long as possible, not easy trying to keep the kids amused all day with Force ten from Navarone coming at us. Decided to pack away n go home. reversed up to the towing hitch, hooked her up, but wouldnt pull away, that much rain come down car was just spinning (pre T2 ownership). unhooked, by this time soaked through to th underpants. attempted to pull the van manually to the side to move the wheel to drier ground, started to move her goin well then lost my footing, ended up on my Harris with the A frame of the van coming down hard on my shins. large gash lots of blood and even more rain. Trip to the A & E of the local hospital. Then having to travel home after a land rover puuled the van out, with the good lady wife towing (never done it before) me in the back leg elevated
The missus panicking all the way home.
Can honestly say, wiil never forget it.
Wayne
wanaron is offline   Reply With Quote