View Single Post
Old 16-01-2009, 00:12   #49
Muzz
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano II

Ok here you go.

2006 having a little tour around eastern europe we had picked a nice little site to stay at in Slovenia. Pulls up there late on on a Thursday night around 9ish to a very busy site. Go's to the reception to sign in hoping for a pitch and after some interesting language barriers she books us in and but asks if we find music ok.
Music I ask. and after another few min of articulated conversation I get the gist of a live rock band being on the next night..

Well I goes back to the wife and says live music tomoz all for free sound fantastic.

We gets up the next morning and the very full site is now very empty in fact just us and three other vans are left by dinner. And the three adjoining field are starting to put the stages up real big set ups. Now i'm starting to wonder how big this gig is.

We go and get some lunch and come back a few hours later and there a few hundred kids around but behaving ok. Look a bit weird for rockers but hay when in Rome.

Anyway with in a hour it starts but it ain't no rock band it's this modern weird shit all these peeps have whistles and floresent bangles. Loads of short skirts though and tight tops.

We take the kids and the old folks who had come away with us for a stroll around the fields and gets the gist that it ain't our cup of tea music wise so goes back to the van.

Around 9ish it starts to get a little busy the music get turned up a notch or twenty and the partys getting it to its flow only around 6000 people at this time.

Ah well the wife say it will be over by midnight no ponit watching tele as we had to shout to be heard at a distance of one pace and we were a good 500mts from the closest stage.

For entertainment we watched one of the kids lightweight footballs bounce along the floor on it own accord due to the thud thud thud vibrations. I swear the caravan moved 4ft by the next day.

Ah well it carried on past midnight then past two, then past four then past six Then finised at 8am.

Having no sleep at all I thought sod it i'll go to the loo went outside to see 100's of folk spread about all over the field sleeping. After seeing the state of the bogs I thought we had best leave so we packed up and moved on..

The girl at reception gave us a little money back and asked if we enjoyed the show apparently the one that night would be bigger.

I have to say appart from the noise there was not one bit of trouble and all the folk behaved no one person came near our unit.

That was the first at last rave we have ever been to but we did it in style and comfort. How many folk do you know who take their van to a rave..

Muzz
Muzz is offline   Reply With Quote