View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 14:32   #51
terranolady

On our way to yorkshire with caravan...have a blow out on the van luckily have spare so husband changes it. Just about to pull of M1 i suggest we get diesel as gauge is on the red....''na na got loads in there'',says the husband...pull off the M1 2 miles up the road,run out of fuel...husband walks 5 miles to nearest garage..luckily gets a lift back with a local farmer...then have to bleed the system....get to campsite late...wake up following morning to another flat tyre....this time husband changes tyre on campsite with lever bars (always prepared for everything my husband).
One week later we were coming back from Yorkshire (Holmfirth area) Sprite musketeer on the back.......just got on to the M1 about 9.30 on a Monday morning....Caravan has a blow out....
Luckily as usual husband has a spare for caravan too.....so there's him trying to change the near side wheel...meanwhile i have to brace myself against the caravan because every time a lorry goes past it's rocking like a good un !
Probably the most scariest thing i have experienced on the M1. We haven't been back up there yet........