View Single Post
Old 27-12-2016, 14:37   #2
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhw View Post
Hi

Havent actually purchased a Nissan 4 by 4 yet but am looking at the Terrano II and would like as recent a model year as possible - say 2005 or 2006 and was wondering which vehicle would be best for longevity and maintenance costs between the 2.7 and 3.0 litre vehicles.

We are buying it as a third vehicle to tow an Ifor Williams 505 horse trailer.

Am looking online to find ones for sale and am based in the East Midlands if anyone has any suggestions on places to go to purchase one.

Many thanks

Michael
Hi and welcome mate.

The Terrano is a very good shout for a Tow vehicle and you can get a lot of bang for your buck if you hold out and shop around.

I myself have a 2.7 Commercial highly modified and have also just purchased on behalf of my Grandad a 3.0 litre SVE Short Wheelbase with all the toys.

If you're carrying loads of kit or passengers then you may be better off with the Long Wheelbase but I'm not a fan of the long ones :hide

I would personally go for a 2004, the 2005 - 2007 ones had a massive hike on road tax and you'll be paying almost £500 for 12 months :O

Good luck with the hunt, report back with some links if you find any you like the look of and we'll offer our advice and opinion

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote