View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 20:49   #7
solarman216
Off road maniac
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

OK OK, I did go to enjoy and that is what we did, taking pics was secondary, however as said Marie and Dan took pics and vids on their phones so when I get copies of those I will be back, the combination of the front Lokka and lockable rear diff make it a very capable motor, still get stopped on high centre ridges (bigger wheels only cure for that) on the down side steering on the flat (slippery mud) can become a problem and if on a slope sideways travel can be fun, when in ruts as is often the case then it just keeps going, we found some steep smooth slippery hill climbs that demanded the winch and just deploying the rope to the top was a real struggle, only thing I noticed about the springs on the front was a softer ride as it is not now on the bump rubbers, but body ground/wheel clearance has to be better, so a set for the rear will be next, but probably not before Xmas, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote