View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 22:44   #92
Barrbeast
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 1990 4.2 SWB Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfteixeira View Post
And that is correct, the front of the Y61 are the same as the rear on the Terrano 2 with the diff H233b.
Told you Banshee

Y61 Trol electric ARB disconnect is 3 wires I think. Presumably one wire connects to the dash light to illuminate it when it's disconnected. Y60 Trols had a cable operated one. My 4.2 must have had it at some point in its life as the handle is still there under the dash (I think you pulled and twisted the handle to lock it "off").

I removed the one off my Y61, all it is is a fancy ARB link that looks similar to a miniature hydraulic ram with an electrically actuator which operates a jaw/pin for locking it (Y60 cable would've been connected straight to the locking pin). The end of the cylinder section is attached to the chassis ARB link mount and the end of the piston section is attached to the ARB. When unlocked the jaw/pin moves out of the piston section and that section is able to move in and out of the cylinder section so in effect removing the ARB.

Neat idea and works well, when it works, but the electric one is known to fail over time and become temperamental at connecting back up again. That's what happened to mine and then I fitted my 2" lift and removed the link and earthed the sensor wire
Barrbeast is offline   Reply With Quote