Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 27-07-2019, 09:36   #1
panelbeater
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7 tdi
Default sink hole

yesterday we had a sink hole appear outside nextdoor near my house in the road.it was early evening so phoned the council,closed but had an emergency number on tape.phoned that and was told its highways i need,phoned that,closed but again an emergency number was told to me.phoned that and spoke to a woman who took my detailes and thanked me.
within an hour a van turned up and looked then went.
within the hour a truck came and another and another.
they closed the road at top end,its 1 way in there,parked a truck right outside my house and set up lights etc.
they then set about digging up road,at about 11.30 it was not so noisey so went to beb.
i looked out at 2.30 am they were still there,at 5.30 i looked and it was all done and road clear.
so in fairness to highways well done.
panelbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 09:38   #2
panelbeater

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7 tdi

better add that next door had new water pipes put in under the road and was leaking 2 days after fitted so 2 months of leaking might have caused the collaps.
panelbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 13:46   #3
jims-terrano

Yeah I’m sure a water leak would do that. Nasty things though sink holes, can’t understand why the locals in Florida don’t seem too worried about it when Florida is prone to sink holes.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2019, 19:38   #4
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Default Water leaks STWA.

My next door but one neighbour developed a serious squirting type water leak in the downstairs toilet. I went round to help him (Wednesday afternoon) he was stood with a mop squeezing it into the toilet pan. (Think Sorcerers Apprentice)

He had turned off the mains but the leak was from a bend on a blanked off pipe before the stop cock!

I found the mains stop cock on the pavement outside that was painted blue as it was in need of replacement.

We did not have the right square tool so we faffed about with a 7/16 socket down a hole almost two feet deep. We had 5 extension bars and managed to slow down the flow but could not stop it fully.

A plumber turned up two hours late - he only had the later tap key so had to ring Severn Trent who wanted us to live stream a video to get an urgent response. After another hour we managed to get some stills and they would send someone out within 48 hours.

Plumber came to the rescue with an improvised repair - a wad if rubber attached to the pipe with a Jubilee Clip. STWA came yesterday and fitted a nice new Valve & Water Meter in the street. The pavement is fenced off as a different gang will take away the mud & soil and resurface. Conveniently his drive is blocked off so he has had to leave his car on the street!
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote