Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 25-02-2022, 18:08   #1
panelbeater
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7 tdi
Default insurance renew

my 3l terrys insurance is soon up for renewal and had an email from currant provider and wow up by about 70,last year up a fiver so let it auto renew, so went online to do compair sites and found i could renew about what i paid last year on a few places so phoned up and told them i was not paying it and do me a better price.they would take off 25 max so told them not to auto renew as will leave them at the renew date.
any way what i have done is took out a new com policy from renew date with a company called by miles.
google it.
its a policy that you pay a basic fixed price for your motor and then pay pr mile via obd port plug that is gps run.
i looked it all up seems ok as it charges 3.3p a mile and bills you monthly like a phone.
now in the last 2 years i have only done 250mls and filled in form for 2000mls and it came up cheaper than i paid last year.
no extra costs if you do less or more mls.
the start price for my terry is 172.50,100 comp ins 60 admn and 12.50 ta etc.
i got the obd plug today and it says plug it in when i want as long as its in on start date as will not charge any mls untill start date.its also app run and downloaded app on phone and acts as a motor monitor as well as theft tracker device.
there i the excess of 300 with no volintery extra and the comp gives me more than i have now.
my rac is due a few days later from start date and thats come through at 150ish but the by miles offered me full rac like i have now for 69,99 so took it out at the same time.
so all in full rac full comp and its onl 248.22 so saving a shed load.
so now just have to cancel rac auto renew.
as i am a very low miles driver it will be better for me,its under writer by Zurich ins.
this might be of use to any low miles driver.
panelbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2022, 18:29   #2
elty001
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 2000se+ 2.7tdi terrano II

Good to know.
The mrs does hardly any mileage so might be worth looking into it for her when insurance is up for renewal
elty001 is offline   Reply With Quote