Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 04-04-2022, 19:25   #1
Martabibaz
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: terrano 'll 2.7tdi
Default Automatic cutting out????????

Hiya guys.
New on here, been living in spain for 15 yrs.
I have a terrano 'll 99 which I've looked after for over 10 yrs. I've owned it for 3 yrs.
My issue is, got given fuel which was in a dirty can( didn't look at it was pitch black.)
Created a shite storm of issues where my fuel went black.
Cleaned out fuel tank, changed filter fitted inline filter. Cleaned out little gauze filter in top of pump. Changed rubber hoses from filter.
But it still cuts out when I'm driving normally after 15-20 mins, which is strange for an auto.
If I try to start it straight away I get clouds of black smoke, normally 10+ times trying to start. But now I've noticed if I leave it with ignition off for a minute or more it starts no problem.
I do hope someone can help me.
Cheers.
Martabibaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 22:08   #2
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Hi and welcome, I would say the muck has got into the pump, on the front next to the fuel inlet is a pressure regulating valve, it is a special two sided 10mm flat Bosch fitment, you need to make up something to fit and remove it, you will need to remove the inlet fitting first, once out with a blunt screwdriver or similar gently push the plunger, it must go in and out smoothly with absolutely no sign of sticking, if OK check the quality of the fuel in that part of the pump a syringe with a short bit of pipe will do, if there is any sign of dirt your pump will need to be repaired, otherwise refit the pressure valve, next remove the rear pipe and screw the banjo back in now operate the primer pump on the filter, a fine jet of fuel should spray out, other than that I would change the filter again and cut it open, if you have caught the fuel bug you will need to heavily dose the system to kill it, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 14:16   #3
Martabibaz

Vehicle: terrano 'll 2.7tdi

Cheers Rick.
I have removed the fitting at the back of the pump a couple of times now. And the little gauze filter is partially blocked.
Can I leave this fitting out and pump fuel through from filter to see what comes out. Cheers
Martabibaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 20:18   #4
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

You can but do not try to run it like that as there will be no pressure regulation, and was the orifice clear in the banjo bolt, also what about the regulator valve on the front this is most important, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote