Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Members free classifieds and wanted items.

Members free classifieds and wanted items. Place your Nissan/Ford 4x4 vehicles or related items for sale and wanted here.

Old 27-10-2019, 16:32   #1
mark whitfield
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 1996 ford maverick
Default 1995 Ford Maverick /Nissan Terrano 2.7 Diesel Spares or repairs 86,000 miles

Owned for the last 8 years and been a fantastic vehicle. Selling due to cylinder liner dropping on cylinder No. 4. Will require replacement engine or the block reconditioning
Vehicle was a daily driver up until last week and has the following spec and recent work done to it:
Brand new tyres X5 (Spare unused)
Good battery (quite new)
New radiator
Still has Mot
Servicing up to date including new oil in both diffs, gearbox and transfer box. (Transfer-box is a replacement item and has only done 46,00 miles) New rear brake shoes and wheel cylinders Front discs and pads good
7 seats and tow hitch with working electrics
Central locking and two keys
Engine is currently stripped after diagnosis and all parts are present and in order should you wish to rebuild it. It will need No. four cylinder re-lined and possibly a new piston. Engine was great prior to this! It still ran prior to pulling apart but was noisy. It may be worth fixing or having as spares. I don’t have time to fix it unfortunately.
Vehicle in Morden, Surrey Will break or sell complete
Mark 07876 567787
mark whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 03:05   #2
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Default Cylinder Lining Dropping ?

What a sad end - I have never heard of a liner moving before sounds unusual.

Did do a head gasket on a mates Renault that had wet liners so could not turn engine once cylinder head was removed as the liners would move - I think it was a Renault 10 back in the 1978 era.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 11:22   #3
mark whitfield

Vehicle: 1996 ford maverick
Default cylinder liner

I think it was repaired before as piston No. four is a smaller diameter than the others by a few mm. It looks like the bore was damaged and repaired by putting a liner over it. Strange but looks like the only explanation!
mark whitfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 20:34   #4
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark whitfield View Post
I think it was repaired before as piston No. four is a smaller diameter than the others by a few mm. It looks like the bore was damaged and repaired by putting a liner over it. Strange but looks like the only explanation!
I guess the interference fit was not right.

The original A class BMC engines were all cast iron blocks with steel liners for long life I guess.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote