Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 22-07-2018, 20:59   #1
jims-terrano
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Default Anyone with Virgin Media?

Has anyone got services from Virgin Media? The TV package has changed overnight literally, they’ve had a fallout with UKTV so loads of channels have disappeared. Tried phoning them to see about getting a refund because their replacement channels are poor quality. I can get a discount but it’s peanuts, just hunting around to see what’s best solution at the moment. The poor lady on the phone was useless and I could tell she had been given a script, in the background I could here the call centre was manic so I suspect they are not a popular company right now.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 21:49   #2
luke1987

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 2.7 SE LWB

Yep on virgin here too, What did they offer you refund wise? If you dont mind me asking. I was thinking of leaving them for sky but I cant fault the service or broadband speed never had an issue in the 10 years of being with them.
luke1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2018, 23:08   #3
jims-terrano

£6 discount is all they were offering and the lady kept saying about these new channels but sadly most are american canned laughter and one channel is actually available free on freeview. Every time I quoted tv programmes she replied by saying they are available on the bbc and itv channels which basically means freeview.
They are in a right mess over this fall out they have had with uktv.

I agree the broadband is reasonable but the phone charges are astronomical. I would can the landline completely but unfortunately we have poor phone signal here so not really an option.

Not too sure what to do for the best, I’ve retuned the tv freeview but this hasn’t replaced odd one or two channels but has replaced a couple. It has highlighted a couple of things that I must watch tv more than I thought and also we pay through the nose for a poor service.
Old 23-07-2018, 17:22   #4
johnb5177

Vehicle: 02Terrano II 3.0 SVE Auto

I must admit to being a tightwad on this stuff...I refuse to give good money to have such a vast choice of stuff, that I WOULDN'T watch.....

I have been with Freesat for the last 12 years, here in Swansea, and in France. They have all I want to watch, and I'm not paying for what I don't.....

My telephone and B band is with Plusnet, and its just fine, and about the same cost as everyone else.....
johnb5177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 18:05   #5
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Default I am with Vm hope they sort it out soon.

I believe that you can cancel your contract as they are in breach as they gave no notice. Trouble is her indoors likes a few of the lost channels but options are limited.

Sky we found had a better picture quality but broadband not as good, we have freesat in two rooms and free view in two others but we tend to watch the VM in bedroom & lounge as we have two V6 Tivo boxes.

Am hoping they resolve the issue and get the channels back,
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2018, 18:26   #6
jims-terrano

Yes I’m hoping that they resolve their differences. We don’t have sports or film channels but like documentary type channels which seem to encompass a lot of the lost channels. Just caught a small article on breakfast tv this morning before I set off to work. Think they have a lot of very unhappy customers. Just have to wait n see.