Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Report Website Problems Here Only!

Report Website Problems Here Only! Please report here any problems you find with the new format site. Please feel free to post any comments you feel may improve the the site.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:51   #16
Bat21
Administrator

Vehicle: Tonka Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb5177 View Post
Listen up, when people put on pictures of ice cream or wots herface cookylady......I may be tempted to lick my screen........
Here's a pair for you John

Bat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 13:32   #17
johnb5177
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 02Terrano II 3.0 SVE Auto

Bat 21 your are a little devil aren't you...........
johnb5177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 13:43   #18
jonela

Vehicle: 2000 LWB SE+

jonela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 18:09   #19
Bat21
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy-Ferret View Post
Thats alright Rick, I was just trying to explain to BAT that I was not being stupid as his post implied, and what he is suggesting will no longer work on this updated forum.

I am intelligent enough to run my own forum, and several web sites, so know how to make a simple shortcut when I need to.
Just in case you missed my post #12 in this thread Clive.

I'm sure it can't be the simple task of creating a bookmark to get the latest posts each time you visit.... so can you let me know what it is you are asking for, what is it that you feel is no longer achievable now the old front page has gone?
Old 15-05-2016, 21:34   #20
Bat21
Administrator

Quote:
.... I am intelligent enough to run my own forum, and several web sites, so know how to make a simple shortcut when I need to.
As you haven't replied I'm guessing you realised how simple this was to do in end
Old 15-05-2016, 22:13   #21
Lazy-Ferret

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat21 View Post
As you haven't replied I'm guessing you realised how simple this was to do in end
I left it, as you have the wrong end of the stick, and this post is basically dead and gone now, so to me there was no point in keep resurrecting it and having to explain myself...

All I did was try to help another member who seemed to be having a problem, and I thought I could point him to the feature he was missing. Once he explained hi problem in a bit more detail, I realised that I could not help him, as I had never entered the forum the same way as he did, so did not know of the page he was referring. Apparently, in trying to explain in "simple terms" why it was no longer an easy fix to get the page he was after, I simplified my answer and probably used the wrong description, in saying it was how the forum was indexed, but for the point, it seemed adequate.

I then respectfully tried to answer your rather demeaning post, and explain that where as on the older software, where I had a book mark of the specific URL that took me to a page that listed only the currently unread posts, you can no longer do that. (if you can, then rather than continuing to try and belittle me, why not just post the URL for all of us to use)

I have always had a book mark to the forum, and from a few days after the forum was moved, and I realised my old bookmark was no longer working, I created a new one.
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2016, 07:52   #22
Bat21
Administrator

Clive I don't know why you feel I was trying to belittle you, why would I do that?

Quote:
I left it, as you have the wrong end of the stick, and this post is basically dead and gone now, so to me there was no point in keep resurrecting it and having to explain myself...

.... that where as on the older software, where I had a book mark of the specific URL that took me to a page that listed only the currently unread posts, you can no longer do that. (if you can, then rather than continuing to try and belittle me, why not just post the URL for all of us to use)
The reason I'm getting confused is because you appeared to be telling folks that something can no longer be done, in fact it can be done in two clicks of a mouse button.

To create a Bookmark/Shortcut/Link (call it what you want) to get the latest unread posts you can simply right click the 'New Posts' button and choose 'Bookmark this link' or 'Add to favourites'...... it really is that simple

Of course if you don't want to bother with all this you can simply click the 'New Posts' button each time you visit

If it's the code you want then here it is:-
http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/f....php?do=getnew

If you want to get a little technical, here is some code to get you the last 2,3,4 days posts:-
http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/f...etdaily&days=2
http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/f...etdaily&days=3
http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/f...etdaily&days=4

Please note, by clicking ANY of the above links it creates a one time dynamic search ID link, do not used this as your book mark as that will not work, it is the URL its self that you need to be using.

Hope this helps? Please can you reply and let me know if you this is what you were struggling with, hopefully you should be sorted now
Old 20-05-2016, 07:56   #23
don simon

Vehicle: Terrano ii

Don't like the new format.
I like having a home page that lists the most recent threads on a rolling page so I can see what the current and popular conversations are. Anything older or specific I can look for.
The new post page only shows the most recent posts since my last visit, which today was two threads and that page doesn't bookmark either.
Here's an exmple of a forum that I like the look of:
http://singletrackworld.com/forum/forum/off-topic
Currently it's too much work to find current and popular topics.
don simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 08:05   #24
jims-terrano

Sorry guys I've not looked at this thread before simply because I haven't noticed any difference in the forum, may be my ipad is running a cached copy of some kind.
Anyhoo the way I use the forum, click on quick links and then on todays posts. Rather than todays posts it seems to be a since you last visited posts but that's how it has worked for years and still works for me.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 16:09   #25
Bat21
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by don simon View Post
Don't like the new format.
I like having a home page that lists the most recent threads....
The 'New Posts' button does just that

Quote:
The new post page only shows the most recent posts since my last visit.....
Which is what you said you like above so what exactly would you like it to show

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims-terrano View Post
..... Anyhoo the way I use the forum, click on quick links and then on todays posts. Rather than todays posts it seems to be a since you last visited posts but that's how it has worked for years and still works for me.
Nice one Jim, glad to see someone is happy

'New Posts' brings up any new posts that have been made since your last visit.

Quick Links and then 'Today's Posts' displays the posts made in the last 24hrs
Old 20-05-2016, 16:27   #26
jims-terrano

It works for me Bat

Like the icecream in post 16
Old 20-05-2016, 17:04   #27
don simon

Vehicle: Terrano ii

Quote:
Which is what you said you like above so what exactly would you like it to show
It only shows most recent posts that have been responded too, which could be zero, whereas there could be a series of posts that haven't been responded too that I'm still interested in, but not so interested to go searching for it.
Is it so difficult to put the 30 most recent posts up whether they've been responded to or not? I have the memory of short memory thing and if the topic is not in front of me...
don simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2016, 17:24   #28
Bat21
Administrator

Quote:
It only shows most recent posts that have been responded too, which could be zero, whereas there could be a series of posts that haven't been responded too that I'm still interested in, but not so interested to go searching for it.
Is it so difficult to put the 30 most recent posts up whether they've been responded to or not? I have the memory of short memory thing and if the topic is not in front of me...
Don, I am genuinely stumped as to what you are asking for here.

Clicking the 'New Posts' button each time you visit will bring up every single post made since the last time you logged on. It will bring up any threads that have been replied to or not replied to, as long as they contain posts that have been made since your last visit.
Old 20-05-2016, 17:24   #29
jims-terrano

This is going to sound really daft but try viewing the site with a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. The amount of times I've had problems at work with Internet Explorer and Edge causing problems.
Old 20-05-2016, 18:03   #30
terranosaurusdoug

Vehicle: 2000 Terrano lwb 2.7TDI

I think what don is trying to say is the last 30 threads not posts. I think before it displayed the most recently replied to threads and then kept going whether you had read them or not till it got to whatever number, then you could click something tho show you more down the list.

Sorry to be so vague, I can't remember properly. I don't have a problem with the way it is, I like this forum, cheers bat
terranosaurusdoug is offline   Reply With Quote