Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Caravan or Towing

Caravan or Towing In this forum you can post anything with regards to caravaning or towing.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-06-2016, 10:02   #1
panelbeater
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7 tdi
Default old van/new van

hello peps.
well my old 1991 sprites independent suspension on o/s has gave way after the work its done me proud touring for 9 months of the year for last 4 years and thousands of miles towed by either of my t2 trucks.
its time to let her go,my faithful buddy.her bed welcomes me sober or pissed.
so this weekend its sad to say its retired.
but oh a new van has been purchased.
through a fellow vanner on a rally last week he told me again about a van his neighbour is getting rid of due to break up.
we were at hunstanton cricket clubs field and the decision to go see said van was decided.
so my brother and 2 friends came and went to,forget name,but it was 165 mile round trip to see van.
well surprise surprise its a lovely 2 berth about 18" longer than mine,i could do with a few more inches,and immaculate inside,no damp spongy floor and all woks as it should.
peps that know me,well i have a large girth so i headed straight to the john and i fitted through the door so much easier than the sprite,a + then.
i was hooked and others checked out and over van i sat with the old owner to strike up a deal.
a bit of haggling and a deal was done there and then.
he accepted my offer and i handed him a check for 950.
as he knew his mat and he vouched for me a check was accepted.
then he said when do i want to collect it,now i says as its a long way to go back.
all items had been removed except some shoes from wardrobe.
he handed me a folder and in it is the vans paperwork,turns out its a 1998 newer than i expected.
we pumped up tyres as a precaution i reversed onto it and hitched up and after cleaning ball with my home made gin,old van is wet ball, off we set to go to weeting to leave van untill i find time to swap over,this weekend i hope.
its got an allco hitch its got 1 year old fitted mover another +,nice green and gold oven/hob with hot cold water,shower,heating,cassette bog,12v/mains 3 way fridge etc.
so all in all a good van at a stupid price.

i have ordered 4x100w solar panels and all i need to install.
the panels on old van 80wx4 will come off and be sold as kits ready to clip on battery.

there is a rally that starts at breck farm weybourn today and my mate is stewarding it so i phoned him and asked if he had his extender-able ladder with him and he has so i will be taking new van there and fitting roof out whilst learning how to use items in new van as old sprite was cold water only.

ellity,i have posted on site that i might not get to hulme end but hope to.others will be there though.
panelbeater is offline   Reply With Quote