Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Testimonials

Testimonials Here you can read what members have to say about the full membership.

Old 16-08-2015, 23:00   #1
glanrichbex
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano R20/D4
Default Sorry!!

Hi all,
I disappeared from here for a while because my beloved Terrano which I loved dearly for 5 long years was retired to a life in the woodlands of Pembrokeshire due to an incurable tin worm problem - where she rusts in peace pulling trailers of logs down dirt tracks.
In my fragile delicate state of mind, I was tempted to the dark side where an enthusiast work colleague biased to the world of land rover lured me into buying a Land rover Discovery TD5.
Well, all I can say it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life
It has been one expensive issue after another and it is just one big money pit. It's gutless, clumsy and just does not have the nippy easy to drive appeal of the terrano. I have never managed to get on with but tried in the hope that after all the expense - I would get used to it.
I have so far been unsuccessful in selling the Discovery but I have rejoined this group with my £10 and bought a 05 plate 2.7TDI SE Terrano

I am now happy again and hope that you people here can forgive me for my grave error of judgement and that I can be accepted by you good people back into this forum.

Sorry once again

Rich

P.S - I have a flashing airbag symbol on the dashboard - where is the first place to look?.

Cheers

Rich
glanrichbex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 23:30   #2
emjaybee

Vehicle: 3.0Di SVE '05 5 door.

Ah, all is forgiven!

I have a similar flashing air-bag symbol. First time it happened I tried all the fixes suggested here, unfortunately they didn't work and I got my mechanic to turn it off. It recently happened again.

I am thinking of investing in some black insulation tape to cover the light.

emjaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 08:07   #3
jims-terrano

Welcome back and sorry to hear of the disco being such a lemon. Can't understand why people like them if they are so bad, disappointing really as I do like the looks of them. Hope you've managed to off load it by now.

You'll have to post a photo or two of your new Terrano.

Check out the downloads section for a fix to reset the air bag light, worked on my 05 plate just before I px'd it.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 08:33   #4
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Welcome back mate, I've often thought I'd like a Disco Td5

The air bag fix in the downloads section worked temporarily for me but it appeared that one of the harnesses was damaged under the seat, in the end I swapped the seats anyway as I had a set of better ones that I had out of my Maverick but these didn't have side air bags in the bolsters so I had to solder a resistor in line which sorted my issue out and hasn't come back since

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 18:48   #5
micktheshed

Vehicle: Dec 2004, terrano 3l Auto

Lucky escape LOL.
You know what they say; 50% of LR's are still on the road (what they don't say is that most of the 50% are still waiting for a tow home).
After 6 years of costly (more in repairs than purchase costs) & bitter experience with 3 disco's (all 2001-2003) my daughter has FINALY seen sense & will be getting rid of her latest (if it can be got into a saleable condition that is!).

My favourite saying regarding LR products is that people buy the badge & the (50 Year past it's best) fairytale that's attached to it. If it was re-badged something else it wouldn't sell even at a lot less price but the car would be just the same. Badge snobbery or what?
micktheshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 21:42   #6
Bigbunny2007

Vehicle: T2 swb 2.7 tdi - Disco 3

All cars brake down it depends how good you are at fixing them!!! My terrano is my modified off roader but my discovery 3 is my daily drive and would not swap it for any other 4x4, nothing comes close to its capability and comfort
Bigbunny2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2015, 21:55   #7
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaybee View Post
Ah, all is forgiven!

I have a similar flashing air-bag symbol. First time it happened I tried all the fixes suggested here, unfortunately they didn't work and I got my mechanic to turn it off. It recently happened again.

I am thinking of investing in some black insulation tape to cover the light.

wont help you mot time but you have the later diagnostic socket so hook it up and it will tell you where the problem is, probably cost £30 for a mobile guy with the gear, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 19:48   #8
Daemo

Vehicle: Patrol y61, safari y60.

I've recently sold my td5 disco, had it for 5 months, it was typical lr d2, leaking sunroof, lights on the dash, wheel bearings, oil leaks on my new block pave, oil in ecu, window regulator breaking, abs sensors, condensation in light units, sold it to a guy I work with reluctantly and he has also had issues ongoing.. I liked driving it but just a pain, every time I took it out something broke..
Daemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2015, 21:31   #9
Bigbunny2007

Vehicle: T2 swb 2.7 tdi - Disco 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemo View Post
I've recently sold my td5 disco, had it for 5 months, it was typical lr d2, leaking sunroof, lights on the dash, wheel bearings, oil leaks on my new block pave, oil in ecu, window regulator breaking, abs sensors, condensation in light units, sold it to a guy I work with reluctantly and he has also had issues ongoing.. I liked driving it but just a pain, every time I took it out something broke..
Sounds like you bought a lemon! We have all done it! Bought my first terrano before signing up on here and spent weeks welding it!! But I still liked it Landover's get used as serious workhorses and do the job they were built for
You need to know what your looking at when you buy it, many people end up on this forum because their terrano is in need of some TLC
Bigbunny2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2015, 17:20   #10
glanrichbex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemo View Post
LOL - the issues you have quoted here is exactly what I've been having - mine is up for sale now and it will only be driven round the block every few days as I'm scared that something else will go wrong with it and cost me even more money.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:40   #11
makeitfit

Vehicle: Maverick TDi BLACK mmm

My son works in a local garage over by there see. Local as in , we live in the sticks and farmers use it a lot. All sorts of 4x4 trucks are in often for sure BUT the LR brigade get frequent flyer discounts There off the ground (on lifts) more than the road.
I'm told from a frequency point of view the LR are in more often and cost more.
Rear cross members are my son's fav at the mo and his PB is under 3 hours
Disco rear ends too. Disco brakes . TD5 electrics cause much chin rubbing and breathing in through gritted teeth
Personally I don't know why more Patrols aren't chosen for contemporary 4x4 competition to the TD5 brigade ?
Hey ho, each to their own and for me that's old skool
makeitfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:47   #12
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitfit View Post
My son works in a local garage over by there see. Local as in , we live in the sticks and farmers use it a lot. All sorts of 4x4 trucks are in often for sure BUT the LR brigade get frequent flyer discounts There off the ground (on lifts) more than the road.
I'm told from a frequency point of view the LR are in more often and cost more.
Rear cross members are my son's fav at the mo and his PB is under 3 hours
Disco rear ends too. Disco brakes . TD5 electrics cause much chin rubbing and breathing in through gritted teeth
Personally I don't know why more Patrols aren't chosen for contemporary 4x4 competition to the TD5 brigade ?
Hey ho, each to their own and for me that's old skool
Sense!!!! Pete's got it

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 21:54   #13
glanrichbex

Hopefully mine is going on Sunday, I lost a grand on it I reckon but I will be glad to get rid before anything else goes wrong on it.

You even hear stories these days of new LR with stupid problems, and a guy I work with has had to have new rear callipers on his defender and it's only 3 years old!!!

I've been badly burnt and won't have another one
Old 19-11-2016, 13:00   #14
Wilba83

Vehicle: Terrano2

Hi I'm new to the forum and have a terrano 2. Living out in the sticks I'm after so off road tyres and rims it's running 235/70/r16 can I go any bigger with out affecting the turning.

Thanks

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
Wilba83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 13:08   #15
zippy656

Vehicle: Nissan Note Ntec 1.5

Welcome back, you are forgiven...

I've always liked the Land rover, but. Never had the money to get or keep

But I have had my Terrano 11 here now, just replaced normal kind of bits

With it beeing paid for only got. Insurance £180, road tax £245 and maintenance £300 pulse fuel at 80p ltr I'm happy
zippy656 is offline   Reply With Quote