Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Members free classifieds and wanted items.

Members free classifieds and wanted items. Place your Nissan/Ford 4x4 vehicles or related items for sale and wanted here.

Old 28-10-2017, 22:41   #1
Lazy-Ferret
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring
Default 24L Stanley Bostitch Compressor

24L Stanley Bostitch Compressor

Before I stick this on Ebay, I wondered if anyone on here would like a used 240v 24l Stanley Bostitch Compressor.

I bought it new a couple of years ago, and while it has been used, it's only been in a domestic environment, for jobs on my own cars, and caravan, it still has a fair bit of life left in it and it is in pretty good condition.

As I mentioned in another post, the Big end bearing went, so after I used that as an excuse to replace the compressor with a bigger, higher air output one, I took it apart, and realised it was an easy £4 fix to push out the bearing and replace it with a brand new SLK one.

These little compressors do not have the capacity to run most of the rotatory air tools like angle grinders, cutters, and sanders for more than 20 or 30 seconds, which then means you have to stop and wait for the tank to refill, before you can do a bit more.

Basically this size of compressor is perfect for things like:-
Pumping tyres up, especially our larger 4x4 wheels.
Air line for blowing dust/gunk out.
I used it with an Impact gun, where you could do one wheel, and by the time you were ready to do the next wheel, it would be recharged, but on other nuts and bolts, that were mega tight or rusted, it could often take 2 or 3 charges before it did the job.
I used it to Waxoil both the cars.
Small spraying jobs
Nailgun

Here is the Amazon Product Description

Bostitch sfc240l-u 240v 24ltr 1.5hp compressor
A 24 litre 1.5hp compressor suitable for DIY & home improvement, home renovation and repair, finish and trim, roofing, decking, flooring, fencing and craftwork.

Features include :
Easy maintenance - oil free pump - no lubrication needed.
Easy start up - induction motor draws only 10 amps.
Easy to move around - lightweight, compact design with wheels.
Reduced vibration and creep on smooth floors.
Tank and outlet pressures always visible.
Composite cover which protects pump and motor from workshop damage and helps prevent accidental damage.

240 Volt model.

£50.
It's in Sevenoaks. It weighs about 25Kg, so not really practical to post.
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 22:09   #2
Lazy-Ferret

SOLD!!
Old 29-10-2017, 22:19   #3
jims-terrano

Excellent another club member

I borrowing Tdougs at the minute to waxoyl my truck
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 10:43   #4
Lazy-Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims-terrano View Post
Excellent another club member

I borrowing Tdougs at the minute to waxoyl my truck
I also stuck it on the SE4x4R forum as well, and one of the guys on there wanted it.

I have to say, that once you have one, you find a lot of uses for it. I read online about welding thin metal, and one tip I found it really useful for, was for blowing cold air onto my welding, to help keep the area cool, and reduce blow through. Also to blow out the flames, when under seal caught fire!!!!
Old 30-10-2017, 10:50   #5
jims-terrano

Yeah me n MattsTerrano are hoping to get one but at the moment other things seem to sap the money away. £880 to fix his oil pump and associated bit along with timing belt. Now his injectors have gone away to be repaired too so i guess the bill will be over a grand along with insurance all in one go too
Old 30-10-2017, 14:26   #6
Lazy-Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims-terrano View Post
Yeah me n MattsTerrano are hoping to get one but at the moment other things seem to sap the money away. £880 to fix his oil pump and associated bit along with timing belt. Now his injectors have gone away to be repaired too so i guess the bill will be over a grand along with insurance all in one go too
OUCH....

Sometimes, I can't help but wonder if we actually save any money by doing things ourselves...

We were talking about this the other day, and by the time you have bought all these tools etc to do the work, then found that actually the ones you have are not quite right, and bought the next model up etc, have you saved any money?

I saved a few quid buying Suz's light bar, but because it was not quite the right one, and I needed to make extra brackets to fit it, I am sure that the time, materials, and paint (I hate painting) probably cost as much as if I had bought the curved one I originally planned on.

Adds a whole new meaning to "Labour of Love"...
Old 30-10-2017, 16:33   #7
jims-terrano

It was time as much as anything else with the Polo but I was speaking to the wife today as I was looking at the project truck out of the window. It sometimes seems as though the trucks seem to spend as much time off the road as on between them. Glad I’ve kept the Skoda even thouh it’s a luxury. Anyhoo I need to get back to the course work, I’m busy trying to work out the difference between Criterion Reference and Norm Reference and write an assignemnt about assessments all exciting stuff when you have a truck you want to fix
Old 31-10-2017, 08:27   #8
panelbeater

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7 tdi

to cool steel is what co2 and argonghield does,but if you use gas free i guess blown air will help.
panelbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2017, 09:03   #9
jims-terrano

We changed our torch on the mig last year. Previous torch you could just touch the trigger and it would feed the gas only which was useful. The new torch delivers the wire as well, doesn’t have a half measures. Think the first torch was cheap rubbish rather than designed that way.
Old 31-10-2017, 12:22   #10
Lazy-Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by panelbeater View Post
to cool steel is what co2 and argonghield does,but if you use gas free i guess blown air will help.
This was for cooling the thin steel between welds, to stop too much heat building up in the area. I would weld half an inch, then stop and cool it off, before welding the next half an inch... If I did not, then the whole area would get so hot, that it would start to blow through. Worked for me.