Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 25-01-2018, 19:25   #1
Lazy-Ferret
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring
Post Nasty, Dirty, Theiving Scum...

As most of you know, Suz's dad died on Christmas Eve, and Suz has been left to sort everything out. Scary how when there is work to do, all the relatives are too old, far away, busy, ill, can't be 4$$ed, etc.....

It took a few weeks for the Corona to do his stuff, which put us into a state of limbo until we could get a death cert. Finally got that, and went to the undertakers to find all the local crematoriums are booked solid for the next 4 weeks, to the point that they are even doing Saturdays for the same price as the rest of the weeks. While we were sorting everything out, the undertaker actually managed to get a cancellation (not sure how that works), so we grabbed it, as that was only 2 weeks.

What we never thought about though, with so many funerals, that means lots of wakes, so trying to find a place to hold his, turned into a huge nightmare, and in the end, we had to give up, and decided we would hold it at his house...

Unfortunately, her dad had lived in the house since 1953, and his wife died 18 years ago after a longish illness, then for the last 15 years or so, he has been getting steadily worse, not only with the Dementia, but his ability to manoeuvre a wheel chair, so all of the walls, doors, and door frames are very bashed up. Then there are all the disabled aids, like handles, stairlift, cranes, etc, so the house is in a bit of a state and is in desperate need to be cleaned up and painted.

We have been working every free minute over there, tidying, clearing, and now painting. As time is getting late, we went nuts yesterday, and worked later than normal, desperately trying to finish decorating what was his downstairs bedroom, trying to get it ready for the wake.

We decided that because of my Diabetes, rather than eat late, which really messes my up, to get a takeaway in, and then carry on finishing up.

So, we finally get home at about 8:30, and as I go to open the door, the security chain is on... Not only that, but there is a draft, like when you open the front and back door at the same time... Now we are scared...

I got to the garage, and get a socket that takes a screwdriver bit, and undo the screws holding the chain to the door frame, and we go in... To be honest, our first thoughts were the ferrets, as they are free range, and we had no idea what to expect. We go into the living room and the french windows are wide open.

At first we are relieved, the laptops are still on the coffee table, and things like the TV etc are all still here, so we area bit puzzled. Suz goes upstairs to check/count the ferrets, as we have one who is an escape artist, and banned from going in the garden with out adult supervision, and discovered the upstairs is totally ransacked. Someone has systematically gone through every cupboard, drawer and box, taking all the jewellery and money.

It's so gutting, we had bought all Suz's dads jewellery back as a house up the road from him was broken into, but as we have been so busy, we did not go through it, just put it in the wardrobe with Suz's jewellery box, so we don't even know everything that was taken. She had her mums Wedding ring, and engagement ring, along with quite a few other bits, and because we were painting and decorating, she was not wearing her own wedding ring, so that has gone as well.

We have over head cupboards, so they had climbed all over the bed in muddy boots.

So the rest of the evening is spent with forensics, and police, and we were clearing up well into the early house, then we discover that with all the coming and going, our escape artist ferret has also got out...

I have to say, that by 4am, I was pretty despondent, and wandering round the streets in the freezing rain, looking for a ferret was not helping.

I was always taught never to wish ill on anyone, but I have to say, those scum deserve the worst possible pain ever, and I hope they suffer endlessly...

I have to be strong for Suz, as she has suffered awfully with all this, but I do have to say, I am now feeling very sorry for myself as well.

To top it all, while you can see tool marks on the front door, and jam, they have not actually split any wood, and you can not see how they opened it. It still works fine, even though the forensics guy said they had probably used a sliced open coke bottle to slip the lock, the insurance company are suspicious, especially with how we can't list off the missing stuff.

There is one bit of good news is, the ferret found his way back again today, so that great news, as everything else is just possessions...

Needless to say, my poor truck is on the back burner, as now I am "shutting the barn door" fitting all sorts of security...
Lazy-Ferret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 19:54   #2
don simon

Vehicle: Terrano ii

I think that there is a swear filter here, it'd be doing over time at the moment.
There really are a lot of scummers out there.
At least you guys are safe and well, let's hope that they catch the human flotsam and they get what they deserve.
don simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 19:55   #3
Blocky10

Vehicle: 2004 Terrano 3.0 SVE Auto

So sorry to read this. I too hope they suffer for many years. Lowest of the low they are. Glad your ferrets are safe.
Blocky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 20:08   #4
terranosaurusdoug

Vehicle: 2000 Terrano lwb 2.7TDI

People like that when caught should be surgically prevented from breeding therefore stopping the spread of the scum gene , I hope everything goes smoothly from this point onwards mate, and if there is owt I can do from over here in Yorkshire let me know
terranosaurusdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 20:13   #5
johnb5177

Vehicle: 02Terrano II 3.0 SVE Auto

Clive,
So very sorry to hear that these ratbag b######s have invaded the privacy of your home and stolen treasured possesions.....may they rot in hell for all eternity....
Pleased however that furball returned safely...
johnb5177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 20:22   #6
Mr K

Vehicle: Nissan Patrol Y61 2.8

I'm sorry, I have no words for this

I wish you peace
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 21:42   #7
jims-terrano

Oh god no this is so dam well wrong. Words cannot describe how you both must be feeling mate. The only brightside is that you didn’t get home and catch them at it because it could of been so much worse. So glad the little ferrets are safe too.
Hope you get it all cleared up quickly mate.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 21:45   #8
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Clive they are the worst scum ever, and I and Maggs feel deeply for you, but I do have a little crittercism, why on earth spend all that time on sorting the house out for a wake? I would of been saying, this is where dad lived and the way he was forced to live due to his ailments, (as a factor of reality to those that took no part in his care), then if you are inheriting the property or its value, clean it up for sale after the wake, I know I am talking hypothetically, but had you been home as normal this incident may not have happened, and I do have to wonder if you were being watched, best regards Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2018, 21:47   #9
luke1987

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 2.7 SE LWB

Absolute t***'s hope they get what's coming to them.
luke1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 00:42   #10
kitchenman

Vehicle: maverick 1994 2.7 TD

May I suggest to everyone they get a front door lock that is locked with a key, they are a bit of a pain but should defeat the coke can trick,
kitchenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 00:55   #11
jims-terrano

If anyone has the standard euro cylinder lock barrels that is fitted to upvc doors I would also recommend getting them replaced with anti snap barrels. Do a youtube search on those.

As said Clive hope you both find some peace and recover from this terrible ordeal that you are going through.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 08:16   #12
panelbeater

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7 tdi

bldy hell you dont need this,sorry to read about it.
panelbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:32   #13
perelaar

Vehicle: Terrano II 2.7TDi SWB '97

Sorry to hear all this...

Thefts from houses of deceased people are a big thing here in Belgium - criminals actually scout the papers for funeral announcements, and then systematically visit the houses of all family members during the funeral...
perelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:39   #14
Thomas61

Vehicle: Terrano but now Honda CRV

So sorry to hear this has happened to you both and on top of everything else.

I know it is probably a long shot but was the jewellery listed on Suz's fathers insurance policy or perhaps an approximate value. Could help with your insurance claim if the insurance company are suspicious.

Take care
Thomas61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2018, 09:42   #15
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Thumbs down Burglary aftermath

I feel for you and your Missus we were burgled in 1993 the wife came home from work late in the evening and she disturbed them. I was at work on nights it was my birthday!

I was insured with Direct Line at that time they employed local loss adjusters and they made us both feel like criminals rather than innocent victims. They wanted receipts for jewellery that the wife had had for over 10 years WTF who keeps receipts that long!

After breaking the wooden conservatory window frame that had window locks the burglar levered our internal patio door off its runners. We had a 5 lever Mortice and Yale Type locks on the front and rear doors so he could not get in that way.

Months after the claim was settled we were still finding stuff was missing. The damage to the house cost more than the stuff he stole to fix. The wife's driving licence was found on a shoplifter a few weeks later. Her credit / bank cards were stolen and used over the Bank Holiday Weekend.

We fitted a burglar alarm afterwards, we went through the phase where she wanted to move as she felt so invaded. We have never forgotten the incident now we are temporarily out of our home after the fire it was something we started remembering again and talked about over Christmas.

Our burglar was a heroin addict living in social housing on a nearby property development. When he came out of prison he would walk past our house with his dog - probably as cover whilst casing joints. He moved out of the area a couple of years later. It gave me an understanding of why some people take the law into their own hands we both felt so hurt and angry afterwards.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote