Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub > Jokes humor and fun

Jokes humor and fun Keep it clean(ish)

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2011, 14:41   #31
jace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEkelAsmcf4

Old 30-01-2011, 15:31   #32
(RIP) PLANK
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

I think the issue here is 'the thing end of the wedge' and i don't think for humor's sake, but for the forums sake, we ought to try and steer clear from racist comments, threads and jokes.

The original joke, is just that a joke, but from that people try to draw some actual questions about whether or not a mosque should be 'allowed', because some people - who happened to be Muslims - carried out a terrible act. Do we pull down all the churches close to the house of a Christian murderer? NO!

The joke also shows a naivety toward the American constitution and internal politics, and the relationship that it has to organised religion. The question is this - if the Mosque passes all the plannig rules etc. why not?
Old 30-01-2011, 15:51   #33
(RIP) PLANK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzer View Post
who is talking about racism, your just as likely to bring it up to cause trouble like you did last week, IT WAS POSTED IN JOKES,HUMOUR AND FUN. ffs
This has to be one of the few places in Britain, (apart from an EDL meeting, see i can do humor) where racist stuff is fine, and complaining about it is 'causing trouble.'

I am not causing trouble! posting this stuff in the first place is doing that

You have to see these things in context, and in the light of recent 'racist troubles' i think it is inapropriate.

lets make a deal, lay of with the racist postings, and i'll lay off commenting about them!
Old 30-01-2011, 17:53   #34
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace View Post
take away anything close to knuckle ,theyd be nowt left in jokes section lol.
all depends who's joke section it is doesnt it
Old 30-01-2011, 18:01   #35
jace

easy way to kills omeones freedom of speech....just call them racist and bump they datre not say another word for fear of bein ostracsized (or however you spell it).
do you realy believe the founders of this mosque would let any of those things happen,no yet the americans will alow them to build there mosque for fear of being labbeled racist. and like the man said mosque = religion not race so no racist comments anywhere !

Old 30-01-2011, 18:21   #36
Deleted account DD

Quote:
easy way to kills omeones freedom of speech....just call them racist and bump they datre not say another word for fear of bein ostracsized (or however you spell it).

Not at all. Action cannot be taken on opinions alone. They must be evidenced.

If the evidence is there to support those opinions "in all probability" or "beyond reasonable doubt" whoever posted them has a problem.

One very strong the reason we have these laws as I tried to explain earlier, is the very bigots and half wits who whinge about them caused them by not shutting up. They continued whinging on with extreme comments that crossed the border of the middle ground or grey area of what is acceptable or not.

If those numpties had shut up and let common decency and tolerance rule there would not have been any need at all for prescriptive legislation.

simples, you reap what you sow.
Old 30-01-2011, 18:24   #37
lacroupade

and the mosque in question is totally fictitious of course.

And if we are talking religion (oh lets!?) then christian fundamentalism is a much bigger problem in the USA than Islam I'd say.

And heres a good example of why the internet can be such a load of crap. While looking for the dead opposite of the word secular, I found this on WikiAnswers

* Secular means of or relating to the doctrine that rejects religion and religious considerations. Therefore the opposite to this has to be spiritual i.e concerned with sacred matters or religion or the church. The peoples of the world today are basically secular.

* The opposite of secular is "theocratic". It means a form of government by God or through a priestly order e.g: France or Pakistan.

The bits in red are ummm......
Old 30-01-2011, 18:32   #38
Deleted account DD

I have no interest in religion and no religious beliefs. Religion is one of the biggest trouble causers in history.
Old 30-01-2011, 18:38   #39
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved View Post
I have no interest in religion and no religious beliefs. Religion is one of the biggest trouble causers in history.
you seem to be repeating yourself religiously?
Old 31-01-2011, 18:01   #40
jace

Old 31-01-2011, 19:25   #41
extreme-4x4

Quote:
yawwwwwwwwwwwn

its still going on then , is this still in the jokes section .
Old 31-01-2011, 19:40   #42
(RIP) PLANK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzer View Post
who is talking about racism, your just as likely to bring it up to cause trouble like you did last week, IT WAS POSTED IN JOKES,HUMOUR AND FUN. ffs
no, you posted this thread to cause trouble just like the other controversial stuff.
Old 31-01-2011, 19:42   #43
(RIP) PLANK

Quote:
do you realy believe the founders of this mosque would let any of those things happen,no yet the americans will alow them to build there mosque for fear of being labbeled racist. and like the man said mosque = religion not race so no racist comments anywhere !
Why is it that whenever a person is racially offended, all the racists bang on about freedom of speech and try to close down a legitimate point of view? Trying to intimidate some one out of making any more points on this.
Old 31-01-2011, 19:44   #44
(RIP) PLANK

MORE IMPORTANTLY - WHY ARE MY POSTS BEING DELETED, AND WHY IS THIS THREAD NOT SHOWING UP IN THE 'NEW POSTS SECTION'
Old 31-01-2011, 19:49   #45
extreme-4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANK View Post
MORE IMPORTANTLY - WHY ARE MY POSTS BEING DELETED, AND WHY IS THIS THREAD NOT SHOWING UP IN THE 'NEW POSTS SECTION'
nothing deleted from anyone as far as i know . pm me details of what you think is missing and ill look into it .
Closed Thread