Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Caravan or Towing

Caravan or Towing In this forum you can post anything with regards to caravaning or towing.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:41   #1
JCH
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 2003 Nissan Terrano LWB
Default 3000 miles

Just a report on our recent trip to Spain.
Not only am I new to the Terrano 2.7tdi 2003 I had never used it to pull my caravan.
My caravan is about 1300kgs fully laden and she pulled like a dream. On our way down to Spain we experienced winds approaching 60mph. I kept a reasonable speed of 50 mph and the van never moved.
I have just done the MPG figures for the entire trip and I am pleasantly surprised.
On the way down 1500 miles I averaged 50 to 55mph and got an excellent return of 26mpg. On the way back I pressed the pedal a little and averaged 60mph but it still returned 23 mpg.
Having owned a Discovery I have to say that there was far more pulling power in the Nissan with a far better Mpg return.

So all in all an excellent trip.I can now recommend this vehicle to any caravan owner, who is having problems with an existing vehicle.
JCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:24   #2
firebobby

Vehicle: Terrano 3.0 SVE 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Campbell-Harris View Post
Just a report on our recent trip to Spain.
Not only am I new to the Terrano 2.7tdi 2003 I had never used it to pull my caravan.
So all in all an excellent trip.I can now recommend this vehicle to any caravan owner, who is having problems with an existing vehicle.
Why have I been towing with a Terry for the last 8 odd years
firebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 07:33   #3
frosty

Vehicle: 98 Ford Maverick 2.7 tdi

I have to agree with you I've just come back from Robin Hood Bay, nowhere the distance to Spain tho and it pulled my van great, don't know the economy cos took 4 1/2 hours [normally 2 to2 1/2 hours] to get there due to accident on the A64 near York and another near Whitby, then on the way back it took 31/2 hours, went via Scarborough and big diversion on A171 due to a motorbike rider getting killed, and the roads we went on wasn't very caravan friendly.
frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 10:12   #4
Lazy-Ferret

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

Glad you had a good trip, I have to add that I have towed many things with many vehicles over the years, but the T2 really does seem to be perfect for the job, so stable, just the right amount of power, and such a great ride as well.

But enough about my wife..
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote